Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, August 22, 2009

True Confessions....of a Yarn Addict

I call myself a "yarn addict" but, really, am I a true addict of the fibers? Let's be honest, my stash is not that impressive (I'll post pictures eventually)...I just have a lot of different types of yarn. I tend to buy things in sets of two...because, if nothing else, I can always make a scarf or hat. That doesn't mean that I only buy things in sets of two; it just means I can always make something out of it because I have at least two.

I have cheap yarn from Wal*Mart that I bought ages ago. Acrylic. 100%. Good for dishclothes and pot holders.

I have uber-expensive yarn from the LYSs (Woodland Studios, Off The Beaten Path Yarn House, Dragonfly Yarn Shop, etc.).

I have needles coming out of my ears. I have bags full of patterns. Binders on shelves with more. Oh, and let's not forget the endless books.

But, really, does that make me a true "yarn addict"....or am I just a wannabe?




True confession: As much as I love yarn and knitting, I often wonder if I'm just a wannabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment