Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Frustrating times ahead...

So, I'm back in school at UW Madison. This is all fine and well. I'm a full-time student, taking 15 credits (for now - more on that in a mo').......and yet, I have no time to do anything. I'm barely keeping my head above water. I have never had this problem before, even when I was student teaching AND working 30+ hours/week at the same time. What's the problem, you ask? Well......I'm taking two Rehabilitation Psychology & Special Education (RPSE) classes and a Communicative Disorders class (ComDis). Again, these are fine. They're all required for my special education major. I'm taking an Educational Policy (Ed Pol) class. This was kind of for "fun" but it fits well with my major, my work experiences, and potentially my future goals. And then there's my Art class.......that was supposed to be my "fun" class. Granted, it's a studio class and will require projects on a weekly basis and reading and my sketchbook...but, seriously, it's a 100-level class and you want me to mat things? And you expect me to use Illustrator C3 (or, in my case, C4) like I've been using it for years? And you seriously want us to do a project in less than two days, taking in to account that not everyone lives on campus, has access to campus facilities all the time, and actually has a job? I don't think so. I'm thinking that I'm going to drop the class. So what if I'm going to have a huge W on my transcript. I want my sanity back! I spend more time doing work for this class than all my other classes combined!

So, I think, pending hearing back from my advisor (that I've never met), I'm going to be dropping this class. I was so excited about it......and I'm hating it. I don't need it for anything and I don't want to be messing up any of my other classes as a result.

Other than that, I haven't been knitting much......too much homework (see above). I started a sweater whilst camping but I didn't get very far and I haven't really had time to work on it since then. We'll see. I was hoping to finish it before Hallowe'en but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Also, I have at least one baby blanket to make and a shawl...when, oh when am I going to find the time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment