Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random goings ons...

I finished the back of the sweater I'm making. I should post pictures. But, I don't want to (yet). Maybe when I get the front done, as well :)

I also started another project...I made a scarf awhile back out of some Lionbrand Homespun that I had...I used two strands of two different colors held together and made a scarf (darkish midnightish blue and grassish green). I wound up using it as a prize at my bridal shower a few months ago and Nellie, one of my bridesmaids, decided she wanted it. And because I know where she is, I'm making her a matching hat (because I have extra yarn). We'll see how it goes. It may not work out that well......but, we'll try it. What's the worst thing that happens? She doesn't get a matching hat. Oh well. She'll live.

Otherwise, I'm working on the same things, and a bag I forgot to mention before.

I think I have a paper to write today. Something about being in charge of $100 billion for the Department of Education...where should the money go. I'm not worried that the paper is going to be difficult to write, I just have to find evidence in my books to back up why I want to spend money here and there. And then I have to read. I have a lot of reading to do today. Maybe I'll get some knitting done...but I doubt it.

Oh, and Long Island Iced Teas from Fireside in Platteville, WI are DANGEROUS! Seriously, it was probably a 64-oz drink that had something like 12 shots of liquor in it...and some lime juice and Pepsi (all on ice - so it was more like a 32-oz drink). I'm still paying for my lack of sleep on Friday night. Oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment