Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Windy...

Wow, it's windy here in southern Wisconsin.

It's garbage day today and the garbage was picked up fine...but the recycle bin fell over and I think half of the recycles went around the neighborhood. There's nothing I can do about it...all the neighbors bins did the same thing. Some of the things we had outside the bins (cardboard boxes and such like that) also went blowing away. I have no idea where they ended up. I'm not about to go looking either.

Another problem with the wind? The fence that Brian and Andy put up this summer...part of it is coming lose from the posts and very well could go flying somewhere. I don't think it's going to happen but there's a distinct possibility. Unfortunately, I cannot fix it by myself (nor am I entirely sure how to fix it). So......I don't know what's going to happen. If it goes flying, I don't even know where to begin on getting it fixed (or even getting it).

I've had a rough few days. I have been fighting with US Bank about my grandparents' credit card. They keep telling me they don't have paperwork on file (death certificate for my grandpa or the POA paperwork for my grandma)...but they do have it. The account was in both my grandpa's and grandma's names and suddenly, it's not in his name. How could that have happened if they didn't have notification that he was deceased?! Yeah, they lost the paperwork. I'm so furious with them. I'm tired of faxing them and calling them and mailing copies of paperwork. It's irritating. But, I found out today that the account is actually canceled.....but I'm getting billed because there was a balance (which should have been removed - they call it a "membership fee" but I call it an "inactivity fee"). I think I'm just going to pay it and leave it at that.

As a result, I did some yarn therapy...sort of. I bought a ball winder. I've been wanting one for over a year and I just said, "screw it" and bought it. I also picked up some yarn to complement the yarn I received in the Brown Bag Exchange because I'm not sure I'm going to have enough to make what I want to make. So......some minor yarn therapy.

Anyway, I'm going to wander off and see what all I can get done around here today. Or maybe I'll just take a nap. I am tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment