Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Apparently...

this is the month where you're supposed to write a blog entry every day. Yeah, not going to be able to do that. So, sorry.

Here's the short version of what's going on in my world: every other day it seems that the baby might be coming out.

I had a full ultrasound this past Thursday to determine if there was enough fluid around the baby and where the placenta was placed in order to move the baby. Yeah, the little booger is breech. Like I didn't know that! Seriously, I've had a complication-free pregnancy up until this point. So, it's breech. This was Thursday. On Monday afternoon, I got a call from my doctor (read: my actual doctor, not the nurse, not some other hospital staff) saying that I needed to go to the hospital because there was no fluid around the baby. If there's no fluid, they couldn't turn it...and if there's no fluid, there's probably a reason and it should probably come out. She asked if it had been moving around (yes, all day long)...because it had been moving around, she said we didn't have to OMG-GO-100-DOWN-THE-HIGHWAY but that we needed to get there ASAP. So, we get to the hospital around 6:15pm on Monday night...registered...up to the labor/delivery floor. We had to wait about an hour to have another ultrasound to check the fluid level. In the meantime, I was hooked up to monitors. The baby was fine...kicking could be heard on the monitor and the heartbeat was fine. I had my ultrasound and came back up to the room. I was supposed to stay overnight for observation. I was sent home instead. They have this 10 point scale and I scored 10/10. They check for things like the heartbeat, fluid, and the movement on the ultrasound. It was all perfect and grand. So, we went back to my regularly scheduled OB stuff...

On Tuesday (read: yesterday), I went in (again) to have another ultrasound to check the fluid level. If the fluid level was okay, they were going to try to turn the baby out of it's breech position. I'll spare you the details but seriously, if I have another kid and it's breech, I am NOT going through trying to turn the little turd. It was not fun. I'm still extremely sore today. And, to top it off, the booger would not turn!

So......we're going to do weekly checks of the fluid level and if it gets too low, I'm having an emergency c-section. If I go into labor, I'm having an emergency c-section. If I feel like something isn't right or something funny is going on, I'm having an emergency c-section. Basically, we're going to try to keep it in there as long as possible (til my due date) and it's going to be a c-section any way you slice it. I go in tomorrow to have another ultrasound for fluid levels, my 38 week appointment, and a non-stress test. Woo. Oh, and I'm also on pseudo-bed rest. I mean, I can go do things...but she wants me to keep my feet up as much as possible and avoid long periods on my feet. I guess this means I can't do my workout :( Oh well...

Otherwise, there isn't much going on in my world. I think we're having a "V for Vendetta" party on Friday night...Bonfire Night/Guy Fawkes Day ("Remember remember, the 5th of November...). Yeah. I'm not sure who all is coming over besides the people that live in this house. Maybe some others, I don't know. We shall see.

Anyway, this is long and I am hot (whatever you do, don't blink).

No comments:

Post a Comment