Happy Sunday...and if it's Sunday, that means it's time for another Self-Imposed Year of Projects update...the fourth week.
I'm going to do some re-formatting of "The Lists" so we can see what I've done, haven't done, and what's left to be done...
Current WIPs (things that are currently taking up my precious needles)
1. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: (started July 2010) The end is nigh! But, admittedly, I haven't worked on this much...
2. Mama's Vanilla Socks: (started December 6, 2011) Admittedly, I haven't worked on these much either...a round or two here and there.
3. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: (started September 18, 2010) Yep...haven't looked for these...oops.
4. Little Man's Giraffe: (started May 11, 2011) It's still sitting in the closet, the body put together and pieces missing...someday...
5. Icarus Shawl: (started March 15, 2010) I know where the pattern and the project are residing but I haven't felt the need to get them out yet...
6. Lothlorien Hat: (started January 10, 2012; frogged January 22, 2012; re-started January 27, 2012) As this is a test knit for someone, it's taking some time to reconfigure some things. The pattern is meant to be knit flat and I converted it to be knit in the round per the designer's instructions...but there were problems. The math for the band was incorrect so I fudged it to work and then there was the fake seam that was being made in one of the sections due to the way the chart was written. So, I frogged it last Sunday and re-started it Friday after spending time last Sunday reworking the pattern to be knit in the round. We shall see...I feel like I've said all that before. I probably have. Anyway, it seems to be going much smoother now that I've re-written it (basically)...
7. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: (stared January 23, 2012) I've had the Honey Badger Socks in my queue on Ravelry for awhile now...so I started them the other day. I had some Cascade sock yarn in my stash and I thought it would be perfect...so far, so good.
Planned Hats (but not yet started)
1. Odessa (For 12 Hats in 2012)
2. Hermione Hearts Ron (For 12 Hats in 2012)
3. Habitat (For 12 Hats in 2012)
4. Ogre Babies (For 12 Hats in 2012)
5. NIN Hat (For 12 Hats in 2012)
6. Pup Tent (For 12 Hats in 2012)
7. Godric's Hollow Hat (For 12 Hats in 2012)
8. Brandon Ribbed Beanie (For 12 Hats in 2012)
9. Raglan Hat (For 12 Hats in 2012)
10. Bergen Street Tuque (For 12 Hats in 2012)
11. Nolan (For 12 Hats in 2012)
12. London Beanie (Kids/baby)
13. Grumpus (Kids/baby)
14. Snail (Kids/baby)
15. Simple Baby Cap #1 (Kids/baby)
16. Candy Cane (Kids/baby)
17. Little Pumpkin (Kids/baby)
Other Planned Items (Kids/baby, socks, etc.)
1. Hermione's Everyday Socks (mememememe!)
2. Freeport Vest (memememememe!)
3. Hippo (Kids/baby)
4. My Little Slug (Kids/baby) **need to purchase**
5. Brooke Baby Afghan (Kids/baby)
6. Pine Forest Baby Blanket (Kids/baby)
7. Mossy Jacket (Kids/baby)
8. Super Seeeeeeeeeekrit Swap Project (Doctor Who themed)...which is due to be sent out in mid-February so I should really get going on this...
1. Claudia (January 3, 2012 - January 10, 2012)
2. Mama's Skyp Socks (May 23, 2011 - January 19, 2012)
So, in short....
TOTAL: 34 projects
For those of you keeping track at home, you may be wondering what happened to my Blathnat Socks...well, I had lovely yarn that was gifted to me in a RAK (random act of kindness), I had the needles required...I started on Saturday, January 21, 2012 and got about eleven rows in. Then I realized that the yarn had been yelling at me. For those of you that are knitters or crocheters, you should understand what I'm talking about: this yarn did not want to be those socks. I mean, it was screaming it at me...but I didn't listen until this past Monday when I frogged them. I also discovered that if I were to make these socks, I was going to have to go up to the large size or otherwise compensate with yarn and needles. Normally, CO 64 stitches for socks is perfectly fine...but not with these socks. Hence why you will notice that these socks are no longer on the list and have been replaced with another of IGK's designs: Honey Badger.
Will I make these socks? Perhaps. I'm not sure I would love them and I'm not sure they would love me. They're kind of lacy and while I don't dislike lace, I think I'm entirely too hard on socks to wear lace socks...especially when I know they would take me forever to do.
So, there it is.........Year of Projects. Week #4. Woo.