Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Brief 203: WIP Wednesday...except it's not. Just sayin'.


First of all, mark your calendars! The Third Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week is coming up, April 23rd-April 29th, 2012.

I fully plan to participate again this year.......pending no major hospital visits with Little Man (and I think that can be avoided this year). Even last year, while we were in the hospital with Little Man, I managed to fully participate :)

So, now that's out of the way...

Anyway, it's Wednesday and that would normally mean a WIP Wednesday but I really have nothing to show. I started work on another baby blanket and I'm hoping that this one goes significantly faster than Little Man's ever did. I'm a couple inches into it so I'm thinking it'll be faster...but we'll see.

Oh, I should probably share what this blanket is all about, right?
Pattern: Pine Forest Baby Blanket by Ingrid Aartun Bø.
Needles: US #9 32" Addi Turbos
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Dublin (so far; I may add another yarn and make a stripped blanket)
Size: Baby
Modifications: I'm using a larger needle than called for in the pattern, I CO an extra three repeats of the Gull Lace pattern (which is a total of 21 stitches), and I'm considering doing three repeats of the Gull Lace pattern (12 rows) followed by the same number of rows in stockinette...just for something different. If I don't like how it looks, I won't do it, though...

Anyway, since I'm still only in the very early stages, there's nothing to really show for this...except for going to look at the color on the yarn link above :)

So, that's all I know about right now. I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday :)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous color Renee Anne. I'll be looking forward to your progress on that.
    Do ppl call you Renee Anne or just Renee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern, it'll look great in that yarn. Is this a gift for you SIL's baby? (think I've got that right!)

    ReplyDelete