Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Third Annual Knit & Crochet Blog Week: BONUS

I am participating in the Third Annual Knit & Crochet Blog Week (my second year). This week, each day will have a topic and those of us that are participating will write about said topic. The higher powers that be (i.e., the organizers) have thrown in a "Wildcard" topic, just in case there's a topic that just doesn't appeal to our tastes.  So, without further adieu........



Craft Your Perfect Day
Plan your fantasy day with your craft, It might just take up one hour of your day or be the entire focus of the day, but tell your readers where you'd love to craft, whether you'd craft alone or with friends, knitting or crocheting something simple or spending a day learning new skills.


First of all, my perfect crafting day would have to involve the two best ladies that were ever part of my life (and both of whom I miss every day):



My mom, Shirley (b. 25 May, 1947; d. 2 March, 2001) (in a photo taken of us when I was probably seven or eight years old so maybe 1987 or 1988).....


And her mother (my grandmother), Agnes (b. 19 September, 1926; d. 9 November, 2010) (in a photo taken on my wedding day in August 2009).




Secondly, we have to have a warm location with a view........







Perhaps atop Diamond Head (Honolulu, Hawaii - photo taken in January 2001)....but it's a really big staircase (seriously, there are ninety-nine stairs in succession...and that doesn't include all the walking/hiking before that).

Hmmm...maybe not Diamond Head.


Avalon, California is nice........it requires a boat to get there because the city of Avalon is on Catalina Island. Random fact: Norma Jean Baker once lived here in a nondescript house with her husband, at the time. Don't know who Norma Jean Baker is? Really? ::sigh:: Marilyn Monroe. We drove right past the house but I wasn't quick enough to get a photograph.


A different location on Catalina Island. But, still lovely.




Jamaica would be nice, too, I suppose.....perhaps a little too warm, though. The view is nice, just look at the color of the ocean...


I think I'd require at least a couple weeks away from my house, Husband, Little Man, and Puppy to properly enjoy things.

My knitting, of course, would have to come but I would have to have internet access (I can't live without my blog, Ravelry, or some way to talk to Husband and Little Man). That's pretty much required. My wheel would probably have to come, too. That'd be a good thing to have....and fiber....





And no, I won't forget my sunscreen.

2 comments:

  1. You seriously make me want to go on holiday. Can I join you on your perfect craft day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call CRAFT CRUISE!!!! :D I've been wanting to go on one of those knittng cruises... how soon until B can handle Little Man for a week?? ;D

    ReplyDelete