Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Random Thought on a Stormy Sunday

As I'm sitting here, listening to the storms pass by outside and eating some lovely Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (FroYo), I've had a random thought...

When I was in college, I used to absolutely hate frozen yogurt night (aka "FroYo"). I wanted my ice cream, dammit. It drove me nuts that they'd switch out ice cream for this frozen yogurt hippie crap.

So, I'm sitting here eating FroYo Phish Food and I'm wondering what the hell my problem was.

This stuff is fabulous. I can still tell that it's frozen yogurt and not ice cream...but it's pretty close...and the total fat per serving is almost 1/4 of the regular Phish Food....which means I don't feel so guilty if I give some to Little Man (since I'm supposed to keep an eye on his fat intake).

When I went grocery shopping on Friday, I picked it up on a whim because of the fat count. The worst thing that could happen was that I would hate it.

Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Anyway, back to your usual Sunday banter........I think I'm going to dink around on Pinterest, eat my FroYo, and enjoy the fact that Little Man is napping properly in his own bed.

4 comments:

  1. I like Ben and Jerrys chocolate brownie FroYo more than the real ice cream. And yay for Little Man actually sleeping in his bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I had frozen yogurt on a stormy day also this weekend! (and I rarely have froyo) It was a wonderful to have the icy treat and the storms ripped by the store :-) I haven't tried Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt though. Do they have it in Chunky Monkey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had ice cream or frozen yogurt for a couple of months now. Trying to count calories, you know. But your post has given me the craving. I will have to give Phish Food a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would probably love Yogurt Land--frozen soft serve yogurt. Yummy! They have non-fat and low fat varieties and tons of toppings. If you go for the fresh fruit, it's pretty healthy. I guess that's why I load up on the crushed candy bar sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete