Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life in Alameda

.......I'm not sure how I feel about Alameda yet. The last few days have been kind of a whirlwind but all in a good way. We spent Sunday doing some slightly touristy things like going to San Francisco on the ferry (via Oakland), walking in the Market/Financial district, and an exciting cab ride to get to said Market district. We had started walking in the direction of what we thought was the Market district...turns out we had walked almost a mile in the wrong direction. ::sigh:: That's where the cab ride came in. Once we actually got to the Market district and the Apple Store, our ultimate location, things were fine.

Yesterday, I drove in California for the first time. Specifically, Joe, Little Man, and I took a trip to the Walmart in Oakland. Husband has figured out the back roads to get there so we went that way as opposed to getting on the freeway. We also had launch at a local Mexican place. For a little hole-in-the-wall type of place, it was pretty good.

Today, Joe, Lttle Man, and I took the ferry into San Francisco again and had lunch with Husband. He works a few blocks off of Market Street so when we were done, the rest of us did some shopping and it was grand. Unfortunately, the last few days activities have killed may legs. Seriously, I think my legs are about ready to fall off. I am so sore and tired that I could probably sleep for a couple of days if I were allowed to. Oh well. Puppy is being delivered tomorrow so that should be grand.

By the way, we went to the Apple Store for three things: iPad for Husband, iPad for Joe, and an iPad for me :) Hope things are well with all of you!

9 comments:

  1. A 3 iPad household? That's exceedingly cool :) Glad you're settling, and look forward to hearing more about sunny California - the weather in the UK is grim at the moment, so it's nice to hear that the sun is out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.....one of the iPads will be going back to Wisconsin (with Joe) so we'll be down to two. I didn't want to share with Husband :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're settling in - I've never been to San Fran - I fear I would get lost immediately! iPads are nice...we have 2 in our house - we started with one but sharing isn't always our strong suit.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, this is why I had to have one of my own. I'll share it with Little Man for the time being...but, really, it's mine :)

      Delete
  4. Seems like you are settling in pretty well....we'll see when puppy shows up! And more important, have you scoped out any yarn stores yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't visited any of the yarn stores (yet). It's on my to-do list...and I need to do it soon because I want to knit and I have nothing here. I'm pondering whether I should start a new project or wait til my yarn and WIPs arrive next week. I'm going a bit stir crazy though :)

      Delete
  5. Very cool how everyone got an iPad! How exciting it must be for Little Man to ride on a ferry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're in "I can't believe I'm actually living here" mindset. It took me ages to settle into my new city because my brain wouldn't believe it was home. The ferry rides sounds like fun, I bet Little Man loved them!

    ReplyDelete