I feel like the only time I ever post anything is on Sundays anymore...and that's probably true. In fact, looking back on my blog, four out of the last seven posts have been SIYOP updates.
Anyway, let's talk about my SIYOP lists...
First of all, we have........
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
Secondly, we have......
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012
5. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
6. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
7. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): Started June 29, 2012
Thirdly, we have the lists of things to make.......
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
9. Simple Baby Cap #1
10. Candy Cane
OTHER PLANNED PROJECTS
1. Freeport Vest
2. My Little Slug
3. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
4. Curly Snake
5. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
6. Socks of some sort (something with yarn from Sun Valley Fibers, possibly two-at-a-time, toe-up)
7. Adipose (Ravellenic Games 2012 project for Team Tardis)
So, the totals stand thus:
FOs: 9 projects
WIPs: 7 projects
Planned: 17 projects
TOTAL: 33 projects
Now, let's talk about my WIPs, specifically......
Firstly, the items I haven't worked on: the giraffe, the shawl, and the hippo. The reason I haven't worked on them? They're packed up in a box in my bedroom right now. Yes, the box is labeled so that maybe I can find it when we move.
Secondly, the items I have worked on: socks, socks, socks, and the blanket. Honestly, I haven't worked a lot on these items but I've worked on each one of them.
I think that's all I'm going to say about that.
In "life" events, the big day is coming up! I have less than one week before we officially move to California. Unfortunately, this coming week is going to be absolute hell. On Tuesday and Thursday, the patio doors on the porch are being replaced. Also on Tuesday, Little Man is having his Birth-to-Three evaluation (the "official" one). The movers are coming on Thursday and Friday; Thursday is the day to finish packing and Friday will the the day that the semi is loaded. We fly out on Saturday morning ("we" being me, Little Man, and Joe - one of Husband's friends).
This last week has been hell, too, to be honest. First of all, I had picked Husband up last Saturday from the airport. I had the patio doors and screens dropped off, a visit from the company that will be doing our carpets, and the local Buy & Sell Shop on Monday. Tuesday, the new realtor did a walk-through at my condo and a friend of mine came down from Green Bay for a couple hours (after she dropped off her husband at the airport up there). On Wednesday (the Fourth of July), I took Husband to the airport so he could fly back to California. Little Man and I were having a lazy, hot holiday at home when I got a phone call from Megandy (Megan & Andy - Megan was one of my college roommates and Andy is a friend of Husband's and yes, they're married to each other). They were on their way up north (to see Andy's parents, presumably) and went over a buckle in the road on the interstate...and bottomed out the car. Would I come pick them up in Madison and take them to their place in Mt. Horeb? So, we did that. After that, it was a lazy holiday. On Thursday, my car was picked up to be shipped to California...so I also had to get a rental car, which involved bribery of the aforementioned Joe (okay, it wasn't bribery but he came to take me to the rental place). On Friday, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul came to pick up a bunch of stuff for charity (seriously, 30+ boxes of stuff, bags of towels, and other things), I did some packing, and then I had to pick up some paperwork about Puppy. Yesterday morning, Little Man and I went to Platteville to see his namesake and have some photos taken in Arthur, WI (it's an unincorporated town between Rewey, Mineral Point, and Platteville, WI). Unfortunately, they took down all the "Arthur" signs so we made due with the Arthur Haus sign. We swung over to see my great-aunt & great-uncle (and one of their sons and daughters-in-law were there from Georgia) and then came home to relax for a little while. Puppy was also picked up to be shipped to California last night.
Like I said, it's been hell around here.
Nevermind the temperature. It's been in the upper 90s to low 100s (that's roughly 32.2-40.5 Celsius for my non-American readers). Oh, and let's not even talk about the fact that we haven't had any substantial rain since the end of May. Don't even get me started on that...let's just say that my yard may as well be on fire. It's crunchy enough.
Anyway, it's going to be a very full week and I may not actually get to post an update next week. We'll have to see how that goes. I might be a day or two late. We'll see.
|Mama! I see Mighty Mouse (Ella's Deli)|
|Mama, I'd rather look at Daddy than at the camera...but, CHEEEEESE!|
|Yes, this is how Little Man sleeps.|
|When he's not doing this......|
Hope you all have a lovely week!