Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fourth Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week - Thursday

Day Four (Thursday April 25th): Color Review
What are your favourite colors for knitted or crocheted projects. Have a think about what colors you seem to favor when yarn shopping and crafting.

Only after writing this part of your post should you then actually look to see what colors you have used in your projects. Make a quick tally of what colors you have used in your projects over the past year and compare it to the colors you have written about. Compare this, in turn, to the colors that are most dominant in your yarn stash – do they correlate?


Now think back to your house animal - do the colors you have chosen relate to your animal in anyway - if you are in the house of peacock, for example, are your projects often multicolored and bright?



 Last year, during the Third Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week, a question was asked about color (here's my post about it). I had a good look at my stash and although greens, blues, purples, and neutrals tend to dominate my stash, I do have a fair amount of other colors, as well. I was kind of surprised by that, actually. I tend to stick to jewel tones and neutrals for various reasons but I've discovered that I look good in almost all colors (yellow being the exception).

My Project Page shows that I've made objects of various colors...however, not everything I've made is for me. Either way, most everything there is in the green, blue, purple, or neutral category...with bits of everything else. I tend to use a lot of variegated yarns or two color for projects (yes, just two colors...like stripes).

I don't think my projects envision the most noble House of Bees...my stash, on the other hand, probably does. I have various weights, even lace (which I don't do lace often, if at all), fiber contents (mostly wool or wool blends but I also have other animal fibers, plant fibers, and man-made fibers), and colors (even yellow) hiding away in my stash. I think that's probably a bit more flighty than my list of projects :)

Here are some photos from my stash...a little bit of everything. 

Berroco Peruvia Quick

Opal Sock Yarn - Harry Potter Series (color is Tonks)

Trekking XXL

Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted (destined to become part of the Doctor Who Scarf)

Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted (also destined to become part of The Scarf)

Rowan Magpie Aran

Per Tryving

Cosmic Fibers Yarn

Cosmic Fibers Yarn

Trekking XXL

Lion Brand Cotton Ease

Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Worsted

Madelinetosh Tosh Sock

Lang Jawoll Magic

Unknown 100% wool

Sophie's Toes

And then there are some of my project photos....WIPs and FOs......

Mama's Vanilla Socks

Eat Your Monkey Socks

Little Man's Giraffe

Swatch for my Freeport Vest

Little Man's Baby  Blanket

San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts (Vancouver Fog)

Traveling Vines Scarf

Susan's Hat (V1)

Little Man's Garter Stripe Baby Socks

Hmmmmm......it appears that both my color choices and my projects flit from one thing to another, whatever tickles my fancy at the time. Perhaps a bit too flighty...

Yeah. I'm a bit all over the place. That's just how I am, I guess :)

11 comments:

  1. You have a great stash - something for everything in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my stash. There's a lot of seemingly random things, however :)

      Delete
  2. It's always good to have lots of colours to choose from. I have to remind myself when I buy yarn that I don't always knit for myself so I sometimes have to get colours that are not my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to think that there are things I make for others...but really, I don't. So I love my stash and all it contains :)

      Delete
  3. Your stash is lovely:) You have a very nice mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stash has a great range. Lots of happy colors. I didn't know there was Opal Sock Yarn in Harry Potter colors! Need to put that on my la hanau wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted on the ISO/Destash group on Ravelry for the Harry Potter yarn. It's been out for awhile so it's really hard to find in stores.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter yarn...I wonder if they have Lupin...he is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete