Welcome to update #39 of my Second Annual Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I'm your host, Renee Anne, and I am a bit peculiar at times.
Today being one of them, apparently.
Anyway, it's Sunday and we're here for an update or something like that :)
Let's start with the list of FOs (that's "Finished Objects," if you're clueless...and if you are, I might wonder what brought you here).
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
I've added FOUR more FOs to my list since last week. Granted, all of them are dishcloths but three of them were on my list (Halloween Creepy Cloths I). I did a full review for two of them on Friday so there's not much else to say about those. The Witch Cloth will probably be on this coming Friday's FO post (because I finished it late Friday night). The other one is just a generic dishcloth. I didn't even bother making a project page for it. I did use the same yarn that I used for the Franken Cloth, however.
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
2. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
3. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
4. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
5. Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project: started September 4, 2013
Aside from the dishcloths, I haven't worked on much else this week. With Husband being home all week and unable to do quite a bit, I've had full responsibility for Little Man, Puppy, and Husband. It's been rather tiring. Also, I haven't been sleeping all that great because, well, Husband wakes up in the middle of the night from pain and wants his meds or he needs help getting out of bed so he can go to the bathroom or whatever. It's getting better but it's definitely rough. He worked from home on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. He went in on Friday but I drove him to the CalTrain station and he took the train into work...and then I had to drive into the city to pick him up. I can't blame him, though. He's not quite ready to drive yet. Maybe later next week. We'll see.
Sooooo, not a whole lot of knitting this week. Oh well.
My remaining lists look like this:
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be sooper seekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
I'm debating what project I want to start next. I have this weird need to make baby things again but I don't know where they'll go when I finish. Perhaps to my Etsy shop (if I ever get going on it). Or one of my friends that's having a baby. Or something. I don't know. I'm also eying my stash and thinking of my third year of projects list(s). While I love picking specific patterns, I just don't get around to all of them and I don't always have the yarn on hand...so I'm going to have to rethink how I do things.
I did, however, do some stash enhancement on Friday. I figured after all the craziness that has been going on around here, I deserved some yarn. I'll have to have a proper photography session because what I picked up is lovely and so not me :)
Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely week!