We've had a lovely weekend here in the San Francisco Bay Area. The weather was behaving, it wasn't too hot, it wasn't too cold, and the sun was out. Okay, maybe that was just yesterday...because this posts at midnight so Sunday hasn't happened as of the posting. Whatever. Saturday was lovely.
We'll talk about that in a mo'. Right now, we're here to talk about my Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #42.
Let's get started, shall we?
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
26. Susan's Hat (V2): started October 14, 2013; finished October 18, 2013
In case you didn't notice, I finished another project. Actually, I not only finished the project this last week, I also started it this last week. I haven't photographed it (yet) and it hasn't been washed, blocked, or anything of the sort. I won the yarn in a draw for those of us who finished something in September (in the LSG group on Ravelry). It was a couple yards short and I wasn't sure it would work...but I tried it and I did some modifications to my pattern and it worked out well enough. It's not going to fit me, however. I think I'm going to be sending it off to Sweet Girl (Husband's niece) for either her birthday or Christmas. We'll see. Probably her birthday...
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
2. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
3. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
4. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
I spent most of this week working on my Freeport Vest. I'm almost finished with the button band so I expect that it will be finished by this time next week. It spent part of the week on timeout, however (which. I was supposed to pick up a certain amount of stitches for the button band and it's separated out by the front stockinette sections, the two-color garter sections, the shoulder seams, and the neckband. It's kind of hard to mess up the garter sections, the shoulder seams, and the neckband. The part that I kept screwing up was the stockinette section. I was supposed to pick up something like 60 stitches (3 stitches for every 4 rows)...well, I only picked up a little over half that and no matter what I did, I couldn't pick up more. It says in the directions not to stress too much about the stockinette section as long as the numbers on each side were the same and divisible by 4 with 2 leftover (for each side). I managed that much so I said, "poop on it" and went on my merry way. It's not perfect but it doesn't look horrible so I'm going to keep going with it. If it looks like crap when I'm done, I can rip it out and start over again. No big deal...other than time.
While the vest was on time out, I started and finished the hat. I also worked a couple rounds on my Traveling Vines socks. Nothing spectacular.
My remaining lists look like this:
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be soooper seeekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions) (yes, I've sussed out one version but it's still on this list)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
So, what's been going on in our little slice of San Francisco?
Well, first of all, I thought it was time to kind of properly photograph my Icarus Shawl...and honestly, I expected more out of Husband's photographic abilities but he hasn't photographed knitwear before so I guess I'll cut him some slack.
|Mama and Little Man|
And then, we went to see our realtor....
|"I like this one, Daddy!"|
|"....or maybe this one...."|
|".....who cares?! I want them all!"|
He did wind up finding a pumpkin to take home.
He also had his face painted, which he seemed to enjoy.
In case you're wondering, he had a pumpkin painted on his face.
Anyway, we've had some fun recently, especially as we spent the first half of the week sick. We're doing much better now and I can only hope that we don't get sick again for awhile.
I hope you all had a lovely week!