Today marks my forty-third update for my second Self-Imposed Year of Projects...which means it's about the time I start fantasizing about my NEXT Self-Imposed Year of Projects. Oops. I probably shouldn't do that but I can't help it...I know that a new year is coming up soon and that between now and then, life gets in the way of a lot of things. So, I start fantasizing early apparently...
But, enough about my fibery fantasies...
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
26. Susan's Hat (V2): started October 14, 2013; finished October 18, 2013
27. Little Man's Pumpkin Hat: started October 20, 2013; finished October 23, 2013
I started and finished another project this last week. I started it late last Sunday and it kind of just flew off my needles. I made Little Pumpkin out of my copy of Itty-Bitty Hats with some modifications (you can read about it right here). The hat can also double as a hat for me because, well, it fits me. Little Man wanted one and I made him one...and now he doesn't want anything to do with it. Little turd, he is. Oh well, new hat for me :)
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
2. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
3. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
4. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
My WIP list still looks the same. I finished the button band on my Freeport Vest so now all I have left are the armholes. I dug out my DPNs so I figure I'll get to them this week and finish that up. The button band and collar took up a little over an entire skein of yarn so I'm hoping the armholes take up that much, too (meaning that each side takes up half a skein). I still over-bought on the yarn but I'd rather have too much than not enough. So, it worked out in the end.
I also spent some time with my Traveling Vines Socks. I did a full pattern repeat on Thursday night while watching episodes of The Twilight Zone. I'm almost almost almost to the toe on my first sock. Then I get to make another one. ::sigh:: Let's hope my notes are good enough that I can make an identical one :)
Other than that, I haven't worked on anything else...maybe a row on my Dragon's Egg Socks but I honestly don't remember. It's not a big deal...it was only one row, if I even managed that.
That means that I have approximately 9 weeks to complete the following:
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be soooper seeekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions) (yes, I've sussed out one version but it's still on this list)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
Would you all like to join me in a rousing laugh and exclamation of, "YEAH, RIGHT!" or would you prefer that I just do that myself?
In other San Francisco Bay Area News, we went to Santa Rosa on Friday night to see Alton Brown at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. It was fabulous and Little Man was well-behaved (which even surprised us a bit). He did get a little cranky during the second half so Husband took him to the car. I figured he'd fall asleep but he didn't.
We also wandered across the Bay for a visit with Angela and her kids earlier in the week. That's always a good time. I just wish Little Man hadn't thrown an epic tantrum when I was trying to get him in the car. He was mean: kicking, pinching, hitting, and I'm pretty sure he even tried to bite me once or twice. ::sigh::
Anyway, I hope you've all had a fabulous week :)