Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Y2: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #48

Happy Sunday! It's been a bit of a busy week and weekend around here so....let's just say things aren't going as well as I had hoped but it was expected.

Anyway, it's Sunday so let's get on with it!

Finished Objects (FOs)
1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013  (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013 
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Rose's Wrist Warmers: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
 

26. Susan's Hat (V2): started October 14, 2013; finished October 18, 2013
27. Little Man's Pumpkin Hat: started October 20, 2013; finished October 23, 2013
28. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013; finished October 30, 2013
 
29. Susan's Hat (V2): started November 3, 2013; finished November 10, 2013


Nothing (new) to see here.....
 
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)
1. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
2. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
3. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013

4. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013


I've really only spent time working on my Zombie ViXens and my Traveling Vine Socks and it's just minimal progress...nothing big happening. I'm on the third pattern repeat of my sock leg and I'm about ready to start the thumb gusset rows of my first mitt (as soon as I find some appropriate stitch markers). Nothing too terribly exciting. I briefly entertained the thought of pulling out the Baby Surprise Jacket but I've finished the "Center 90" and need to pick up stitches correctly so I don't want to do it whilst I've been distracted with other things. Oh well. 

My remaining lists still look the same:
 
Children's Items 
1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
3. Milo


 Household Items
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths

Designs (which may or may not be soooper seeekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions) (yes, I've mostly sussed out one version but it's still on this list)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)



I've written the post for my Third Annual Self-Imposed Year of Projects...which means I've sat down and thought about what's going to happen in 2014. I'm trying really hard to not start anything from that list...because, let's be honest, I have quite enough to be getting on with. But I've thought about it and I think I'm good to go for the next year. That's pretty good for me, isn't it? Maybe not. Whatever.



In our little slice of California, things have been busy. Thanksgiving was on Thursday and we had our friends over from across the Bay, with their two children in tow (of course). She made the pies and we did all the rest of the cooking. We had the usual: turkey, cranberry sauce (the jelly kind in the can), mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and green bean casserole. Unfortunately, Husband had this seemingly brilliant idea to make the green bean casserole in the crock pot (slow cooker). I think if it had been started at 7am, it might have worked...but we started it at noon and it didn't work. So, that kind of got scrapped. Oops. Everything else was fabulous, however :) 

Thursday night (don't even get me started on that), Husband and said friend went to Walmart so he could get a new TV. They have a 27" TV that they've had for.......six years now. They have two small children that want to watch movies and they use it for their computer and Husband finally convinced him that they needed a new TV. So, they waited in line at Walmart for a 50" flat screen for under $300. Husband also picked up a big box of Legos for Little Man (600+ pieces) for $15 (it's usually around $45 or $50). I wasn't happy that he was out on Thanksgiving night but it's not like we had anything else going on. 

On Friday, Husband went to the airport to pick up one of his cousins and her son who are here for the weekend. She's actually his second cousin. Her grandma and Husband's grandma were sisters. They live in Chicago and we were actually thinking about flying to Arizona to see them for Thanksgiving (her parents have a place there)...but she came here instead. Friday, we made a trip to the mall for lunch and it was nuts. It took us 15 minutes to find a parking space. ::sigh:: Saturday we did some of the "touristy" things like Golden Gate Bridge and we went to Half Moon Bay for fresh crab (the Dungeness crab are back in season)...and did that for dinner, obviously. She's going to the airport sometime today and flying back to the cold of Chicago. 

Hopefully this week things get back to normal...I need to do a couple book reviews (I'm running behind again - November kind of got away from me), a yarn review, my Self-Imposed Year of Projects round-up.......a bunch of things going on and more holidays in between. ::sigh::

I hope you all had a lovely week :)

7 comments:

  1. The holidays are always more hectic for us mums. Wait til Little Man goes to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to find time to go Christmas shopping without Little Man. And all the other people that need things sent to them...

      Delete
  2. Pfew! You've been busy! I'm always a bit jealous when I read about celebrating Thanksgiving since we don't have that in the Netherlands (but it always sounds so lovely and yummy) but I can imagine holidays being a lot of work too! Hope things settle down a bit soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could go ahead and do it anyway :) The nice part about the specific holiday is that you can always find certain things at the grocery store because they're associated with Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. The best things about holidays really is family (and friends) and food. Yum :) Good luck on not starting anything from the new list beforehand, I know I would have!

    ReplyDelete