Happy, happy, happy Sunday :)
It appears that I'm over my cold. Well, mostly. I'm still sneezing more than I'd like but that may be due, in part, to allergies. It's not a big deal other than....well, how do I put this.....anyone that has been pregnant will understand when I say that sneezing is not pleasant while pregnant. Things happen that we can't always control. ::sigh::
In other random news....if you wandered in on Wednesday for my WIP Wednesday post, I eluded to a funny thing that happened the other day (either Monday or Tuesday) and that you would have to come back Sunday (today) to read all about it.
So here's the story. When Little Man was small (maybe 3 months old), I bought my Majacraft Pioneer spinning wheel, Viktor. I took right to that wheel. I never did well with spindles...but my wheel...we were friends right away. It was easy to spin when Little Man wasn't mobile because, well, he wasn't mobile. As he became mobile, I had to put Viktor away where Little Man couldn't get at him and I only brought him out when Little Man was asleep or otherwise contained in his pack-n-play. When we moved to California two years ago (seriously, it was two years ago this weekend - the actual date was July 14th), Viktor was basically put away. I mean, it was in the apartment and the house but I didn't bring him out that often and he had to be hidden away where Little Man couldn't get to him (meaning he was in the guest bedroom, which was locked off from the rest of the house). In recent months, Viktor had to be moved out of the guest bedroom because that's in the process of becoming Stormageddon's room. He was moved to our bedroom, kind of hidden away but Little Man basically didn't go near him.
Last week, as I posted about in my WIP Wednesday post, I had brought Viktor out to finish spinning some Asshole Corriedale (TM) that I've had for awhile. I figured that Little Man was old enough to not mess with my wheel while I was spinning, and I was correct. However, later that night, while I was sitting on the couch, Little Man wandered into our bedroom. He was gone for a little while and then Husband went in to lay on the bed, presumably with Little Man. Then I hear, "Mama, you better come in here........now," from Husband. As I'm walking to the bedroom, I hear Husband tell Little Man, "You should ask Mama how that works." I get into the bedroom and Little Man has pulled Viktor out and was leaning back on our bed with his little feet on the treadles, and he was treadling away, with the biggest grin on his face. So, rather than reprimand him for messing with my expensive spinning wheel, I fixed a couple things he had knocked loose when he moved it (like the piece that holds the whorl to the rest of the wheel...or maybe that's the entire whorl, I have no idea), sat down on the bed with him on my lap, and let him work the treadles. He was absolutely thrilled. But, I also made it very clear to him that he needs to ask Mama for permission first and if Mama says, "no," then the answer is just that: no. So far, he's been pretty good about that rule :)
Anyway, it's Sunday and I suppose we should get on with my Year of Projects update :)
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
I've not finished anything new. This is not surprising...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014
3. Baby Stormageddon
4. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
I've spent some time on all my knitting projects this week. I've turned the heel and am working on the gusset decrease on the first of my Dragon's Egg Socks. It seems to be going much faster this time around (with the pattern on the foot part)...that may be because I only have to knit the pattern on half the stitches this time. Or not. I'm not quite to the heel flap on my Oreo Socks but I'm getting every closer. My Pacific Shawl just continues to grow...there's not much going on other than the endless rows of stockinette, with scattered yarn overs for increases.
Stormageddon is still in there. We put his crib together this past week. It wasn't exactly difficult but it was warm in the bedroom. I also spent some time cleaning up baby things we pulled out of the shed. The swing and jumper are ready to go...the car seat needs to be done as do a few other toys. I also spent time cleaning out things in the bedroom. I've got some things to go to Goodwill, a bag full of garbage, and some things that need new homes. ::sigh::
1. Swirl Hat
5. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
6. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
In other random events, I've been working on my family history again. I found some things that needed scanning and uploading to Ancestry so I took care of that the other day. I also found things I need to show to the few remaining members of my family...I have some photo albums, one from the early 1920s (as it has photos of my grandfather as a small boy) and the other dates to around 1916-1918. The unfortunate part is that none of the photos are really labeled so I'm having to guess who is in the photos. I can recognize my great grandparents, for the most part, and my grandfather and his older brother...but I know there are photos of siblings of my great grandparents as well as their parents and I'm having trouble sussing out who is who. I'm hoping the few remaining members of that side of my family can help me out.
Anyway, I suppose I should call it quits for the day... I hope you've all had a lovely weekend!