I'm going to be quite forthcoming here......very little knitting has happened. Really, you shouldn't be surprised...but let's get to it anyway.
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
19. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014; finished August 20, 2014
20. Sacrificial Goat #2: started August 16, 2014; finished August 24, 2014
21. Sacrificial Goat #3: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014
22. Baby Stormageddon: started after December 17, 2013; arrived 5:04pm on September 2, 2014
I did finish up a dishcloth but, you know, it's just a dishcloth so I didn't bother adding it to my FO list and I never made a project page for it. Just know that I did another one. I used up part of a skein of Knit Picks Dishie cotton (in Jay - which is a somewhat dark blue) and US #8 needles. It's nothing fancy.
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014
4. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
Aside from the finished dishcloth, I started another one using the same yarn and needles mentioned above. Again, not adding it to the list because it's just a dishcloth. I need something I can pick up and put down as needed, depending on Little Man's and Stormageddon's needs.
But. But but BUT! I also managed to work a few rounds on Snape's Stockings, mostly within the last couple days. I'm almost done with the leg on the first sock (seriously, I have less than 10 rows before I start the heel flap). It's kind of glorious to be following a pattern. I can't do it all the time, hence the dishcloth, but I have managed it here and there.
So, you know, that's awesome and all :)
My remaining lists (hahahahahahaha) look like this:
4. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
5. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
In the meantime, Stormageddon continues to grow like the little weed he is. For a child that isn't even three weeks old, he holds his head up pretty well and the little stinker is busy trying to roll over already. Yeah, I did just say that. He wants to roll over. He's been wanting to do it since his release from jail. What can I say? He's got a big brother that he wants to get after. I can't blame him for that.
He's a relatively quiet baby, even when he's crying...don't get me wrong, the kid can wail like crazy but he doesn't do it that often. He's too busy checking everything out. He had his two week appointment this past Tuesday and (1) his newborn screening results are not in yet (they weren't in then and they're not in now - don't even get me started on that crap), (2) his weight was up to 7 lbs, 9.5 oz (which is a pound above his birth weight), (3) his little belly button nub came off and it's fine, (4) his circumcision is fine, and (5) he probably has a blocked tear duct in his right eye as it's been frequently full of goop/sleep (which is normal). Otherwise, he's a typical newborn.
Here are some photos of the happenings...
|Ima help Daddy hang the wine racks!|
|My GQ look.|
|Hi Mama :)|
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and week and so on and so forth :)