Happy Sunday :)
I'm a bit late today (okay, I'm a lot late today). We went out of town for the weekend and got back earlier this afternoon. We stayed in Sacramento, went to the Apple Hills area to pick apples for hard cider, and then we stopped in Dixon for Lambtown...but it was hot so we didn't stay long. I'll probably have a whole separate post about that (if I can get my act together and photograph things).
So......we're here for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects update. Let's get to it!
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
19. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014; finished August 20, 2014
20. Sacrificial Goat #2: started August 16, 2014; finished August 24, 2014
21. Sacrificial Goat #3: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014
22. Baby Stormageddon: started after December 17, 2013; arrived 5:04pm on September 2, 2014
I've finished nothing new. Not that we should be surprised...well, I take that back. I did finish up a dishcloth but it's a dishcloth and I'm not counting it.
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014
4. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
5. Sacrificial Goat #4: started September 25, 2014
I've not started anything new, other than a dishcloth. I started my heel flap on my Snape's Stockings and those two projects are all I've worked on. There's a good reason for my lack of knitting. I've suspected for a couple weeks that I have something called De Quervain Syndrome. It's common in mothers with newborns, as well as several other occupations or repetitive motions. I've been to the doctor and as a result, I'm basically wearing a soft cast that makes my thumb mostly useless. I have a teensy bit of bending but that's about it. I have to wear this thing for at least two weeks to see if symptoms improve...if not, I'll have to seen an orthopedist, probably for a cortisone shot...and the cast again...and then, if that doesn't help the situation, we can talk surgery. I'd rather not go that route. So, I'm wearing the cast and it sucks but it is what it is.......and it means I can't knit. I mean, I probably could figure out a way but, generally speaking, I can't knit. Or spin. And I'm very grumpy about it. Like I-may-lose-my-sanity grumpy. I won't lie, though...I take it off for certain activities (like dishes, laundry, and maybe internet usage but not really). There are just some things that don't lend well to wearing a cast on your arm.
So, sadly, the next couple weeks will probably be boring...but I should have some stash enhancement coming in the form of Lambtown purchases and some Christmas purchases and such. But I don't know if I'll do those updates on Sundays or not. I'm kind of up in the air and all over with that.
And now, let's all laugh at my remaining lists...
4. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
5. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
In real life, Little Man is getting used to having Stormageddon around. He's not 100% sold on having a younger brother but he's doing pretty well. His epic tantrums have lessened significantly but he's still having tantrums here and there. The biggest problems arise when he wants me to help him with something while I'm feeding, burping, or rocking Stormageddon. He doesn't like to wait more than five nanoseconds for something so that drives him nuts and he's often found storming out of the room when I tell him that it will be a minute or five or whatever. He usually calms down in a minute or two and comes back to wait patiently.
Stormageddon goes in for his one month appointment tomorrow morning. I expect that he's well over 8lbs (maybe closer to 9 or 9.5, to be honest - he's a chubster). He's holding his head up pretty well and has been trying to roll over. He's managed getting onto his side but that's as far as he's gone. He does not like sleeping in the bassinet at night. If we want any sleep, he has to sleep on me. I'm not a huge fan of this but if I don't get any sleep, I will be useless and will go insane that much more quickly. So, he sleeps on me. I hope we can stop soon.
Anyway....as I'm writing this, Stormageddon has woken up and is throwing a fit for his noms (and probably a diaper)...so I suppose it's time to stop writing and be Mama again :)