|Waiting for Winter Mittens - Jazzlynn (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: Waiting for Winter Mittens & Fingerless Mitts by Susan B. Anderson
Time Frame: started November 11, 2014; finished November 17, 2014
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in 1971 Dark Periwinkle (~ 0.48 skeins = ~ 48 g = ~ 105.6 yds)
Needles: US #7 (4.5 mm)
Modifications: None other than sizing the hand and thumb length to Jazzlynn's hand.
Thoughts: This is my fourth pair of these gloves. There's nothing left to be said about them other than they're super easy and adaptable for all sorts of sizes...and I think I've said all this before. Just go buy the pattern and make them already :)
|Barley for Jazzlynn (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: Barley by tincanknits
Time Frame: started November 17, 2014; finished November 20, 2014
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in 1971 Dark Periwinkle (~ 0.5 skeins = ~ 50 g = ~ 110 yds) - I'm not positive about the amount but it was most of the rest of the skein and I had a teeny little ball leftover.
Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) and US #8 (5 mm)
Modifications: I used a smaller needle for the ribbing than what the pattern indicated. I also knit until 6.5" before starting the crown decreases. So, it has a very slight slouch to it...or it'll fit Jazzlynn's head. It fits Little Man...
Thoughts: This hat is stupid easy...and yet, I managed to screw up a teeny section of it. If you scrutinize the photos, you can see where the problem is located. I have no idea how it happened other than, apparently, I can't read my stitches as well as I thought I could. Oops. I could easily make it again and not screw it up. It's a lovely pattern and fits well.
And now, here are some outtakes and other photos from our photo session...
I swear Little Man wasn't *that* sick when we did these photos. It was horrible lighting due to rain in the afternoon, and someone would not hold still....so the few good shots were just that: few.
Yeah, that happened.