Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #5

Hello and happy Sunday from Northern California! If you're not sure why you're here, perhaps a gander at the Year of Projects group on Ravelry will clue you in. If that doesn't clear things up...well, I'm not sure how to help you. 

Let's get started :)

Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015

5. Hat #4 - Stitches Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015

I've not finished anything new this week, which isn't surprising. I've got quite a few "long term" projects going on. Let's look at those, instead...

Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
 
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015 
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015

First of all, if you want to actually see what's going on with these projects, take a look at my WIP Wednesday post (photos included). 

With all that said, I've not restarted Wink quite yet. I imagine it'll happen this week but you never know with me, apparently. I have started the second fingerless mitt and it's sailing along so I expect it'll be an FO by next weekend. My Traveling Socks have stalled but only because we've not really gone anywhere. Other than that, I'm dinking around with my Paradiddle Hat and thinking about all the ways to decrease on the Stitches Rock Hat (Hat #4 in the FO section). 

In other words, not a whole lot of knitting has happened this week. Oops.


So, let's look at my hopes and dreams for the year...


Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight)  *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any)  *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at random)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

Because I love Husband
1. The Dude

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting.

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket 4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)



I may or may not have a case of Startitis. Again. I'm contemplating starting something for Little Man. I feel like I've made a lot of stuff for Stormageddon lately (and I have but not entirely on purpose)...and Little Man is feeling it. So, I may pick something for him next :)








In other random events, Stormageddon is able to roll from his back to his tummy both ways (going left or right). He's had some sweet potatoes, which he seems to like (he was opening his mouth really wide and trying to grab the spoon out of my hand), in addition to the baby cereal (which he's kind of "meh" about). Little Man, on the other hand, has figured out  how to play Paper Mario on Husband's DS (granted, he's playing from my already started game but he knows what to do, other than following the actual game).


That's about all that's going on, other than our ceiling repair. We lead very exciting lives :)


Hopefully I'll be back sometime this week with something. We'll see how things go this week. Lots going on (including getting my windshield fixed!).


I hope you've all had a lovely week and weekend and so on and so forth!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Stomaggeddon has got that rolling thing down....poor LM...being the only one for so long and now needing to share....I can relate...the little brother came along after 20 months.....do you mind acrylic for him...Cruz I can whip up that Minion hat..and I'll bet he'll love getting something in the mail for him....I need a size though...I just don't have a yellow worsted yarn at the ready, except acrylic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are adorable. He doesn't mind acrylic, though he's still a yarn snob. I don't know how I managed that other than I use acrylic and that's probably why. With that said...he's a normal sized child. I want to say his head is hovering around 18" or so (and he'll grow if it's not that big yet).

      And yes, he LOVES mail. He thinks all the packages are for Daddy, though, which is funny. And if they're for me, they contain yarn, which is funnier. So if I say a package is for me, he says, "oh, it's yarn?" Silly boy.

      Delete
  2. Yayyy Stormaggeddon has gotten that rolling thing down! Poor Little Man I'm sure he'll love whatever you knit next for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't everyone love sweet potato?! Glad it's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how observant kids can be, even at an early age. It'll be fun to see what you make LM next. I love seeing his cherub cheeks and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hooked on Mario from early on, and only gave it up recently. Although. there was a Mario game on demo at The Source for wii that looked pretty tempting! I think you'd better make a few more things for Little Man before he decides a little brother is not really all that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress and projects, and wow, Stormageddon is desperate to start running around, isn't he? :)

    ReplyDelete