I'm running a little late this week as my laptop is still borked. I'm using Husband's right now but as it's not mine, there will probably be no photographs for this post, either. ::sigh::
Let's get going!
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
I've not finished anything new this week as my bestie was here from Wisconsin. I'm okay with that...
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2014
7. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015
I've also not started anything new, but I think I have enough to be getting on with. Okay, that's kind of a lie...I did start a dishcloth...and I frogged it...and restarted it...and frogged it...and restarted it...and frogged it...and restarted it again....it's nothing special and I expect I'll be frogging it again, actually. We'll see.
When I did knit this week, it was mostly on the fingerless mitts. I'm almost finished with the left mitt and it's a little small (for me)...I'm hoping it stretches out a bit with blocking. I also got the skein of yarn I ordered from StevenBe in Minneapolis. It arrived yesterday so I've not wound it or anything but, it's here so I can finish the hat soon enough. I hope. I also worked on my Traveling Socks here and there. I'm just knitting away toward the toe of the first sock.
I did have a funny thing happen the other day. I took Little Man to the park on Thursday (Stormageddon was napping and Husband was home). Right next to the park is the Mid-Peninsula Boys & Girls Club and they have an after-school program. So, Little Man was off playing and I was sitting there, knitting on my Traveling Sock and a little boy, probably 7 or 8 years old, comes up and asks what I'm knitting (bonus points for knowing I was knitting!). I told him and then he asks if he can try it. Now, I'm not crazy about picking up dropped stitches because I suck at it hardcore but he was so excited and I thought, "what the hell?" and I showed him what to do and then handed over my sock on two circulars. Kid picked it right up with minimal problem. We did manage to drop one stitch but I caught it and rather than tinking back to that spot (which would have been about 8 rows by that point), I just picked that little booger up and wove it up to the right spot. I didn't even screw up and do it backwards. Ah, the joys of stockinette...
So, that happened.
And now for the "OMGLSGWTFBBQ" lists :)
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks - almost done
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 above) - almost done
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Hopefully my laptop will be fixed by next weekend and I can do a proper update with photos and everything. The company (which is right across the Bay in Hayward) has received my hard drive and have processed it so I should be getting the replacement soon. Once we get it, Husband is going to install it, set it up, and get my files copied and then, woo-hoo, working laptop!
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely and wonderful weekend :)