Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #17

Happy Sunday :)

Today marks the 17th update for my Fourth Self-Imposed Year of Projects. So....not quite halfway but beyond the quarter-mark. Woo.

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015

I've not finished anything new but with the two "big" things done (the pattern and pattern test), I'm okay with not finishing anything new. Besides, when you look at my WIP list below, a lot of what I have going on are what I deem "long term" projects - nothing small and quick. So, you know, woo for that.

Speaking of WIPs....

Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015

Admittedly, I've not done much work here, either. I'm working on the endless stockinette of my Traveling Socks...but I've only just started that so there's nothing interesting to see. I also worked a few scant rounds on Snape's Stockings...but, again, not much to see there. My new design, on the other hand, has seen most of the action this week. I was working along so well and then I discovered a dropped stitch. I managed to get it picked it up but when I got around to the other side, my stitch count was off again...and this time, I couldn't figure out what the problem was. So, I had to frog them. They're prototypes so mistakes won't be tolerated (why yes, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, why do you ask). After a couple days, I was finally over it enough to restart the socks. I'm almost back to the point where I wound up frogging. Here's to hoping I don't screw up again. I really don't like frogging.

Otherwise, I've not really touched anything else this week.


In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at random)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

Because I love Husband
1. The Dude

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 & #10 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats



I think I need a quick project next. Everything I've got going on right now is longer term...need something small and quick and.....small........



Anyway......Iron Man came to visit. I took him to the grocery store.




I've not had many photos of Little Man lately. I caught him sitting on the back deck in his Iron Man costume and I couldn't resist taking a few photos. He caught me, of course, and posed :) And then I took him to the grocery store dressed as Iron Man. He was amazed I let him go out in public like that. I told him to put on shoes and off we went. He was so proud of himself. 

Stormageddon, on the other hand, just continues to ignore learning to sit in favor of army crawling across the floor. I discovered how dirty my hardwood actually is as a result of him doing that. He has a couple of very dark grey spots on his white onsies from where he's dragged himself across the floor. ::sigh:: I suppose it's time to mop the floors...which I really don't want to do but it needs to be done, apparently. 

Anyway, that's about all from me this week. I may wander back later but we'll see how things go...

1 comment:

  1. I bet the town felt very safe to see Iron Man about and the villains hid quaking in their boots. I will welcome Stormmageddon here any time. The dust from just a week on the flooring drives my husband nuts. He sweeps and then uses the wet Swiffer to wipe down the floors every time we come down.

    ReplyDelete