I shall warn you now that I'm writing this in advance (Friday) because were out of town yesterday (Saturday) for the 4th of July. Did that make any sense? No? Good. Moving on...
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
Nothing new here, which isn't unsurprising. So, we'll just keep on keeping on...
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
7. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015
I've spent some time with a few projects this past week. I got a good 2" done on the second of Snape's Stockings (which means I'm still in the first pattern repeat but, you know what, it's progress). I also got a couple rounds done on my Traveling Socks (but honestly, not much). I still haven't finished the collar sections on Wink but I'm close to starting the part where I connect everything...maybe. I don't know. A couple rounds here and there on my Fire Socks also happened....and, of course, the beginnings of a baby hat, which is homework for the class I'm taking with Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting later this afternoon.
Also, on the WIP front, I'm participating in the Tour de Fleece....my goals are modest-bordering-on-lazy: finish spinning the green merino I have sitting around, possibly ply it. That's about it. So, that will maybe happen over the next couple weeks :)
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
This past week, not much has gone on. Husband's new PS4 was acquired, the mall was visited, and Little Man got some (more) epic bug bites. Behold!
I actually hauled him to his pediatrician this past week because the last thing I need is someone to call child protective services about this crap...so it's well-documented that he has nasty bug bite reactions. ::sigh::
As if that wasn't enough...
Stormageddon biffed it off a stair on Wednesday and smashed into the stair below....which was, of course, cement. So, he has some road rash on his nose, lip, and a teeny bit on his forehead. He's okay, though.
Stormageddon turned the big 10 months on Thursday. Abilities include pulling up to stand, cruising along furniture, occasionally letting go to just stand, eating some solid/table foods, and babbling.
Other than that, not much else is going on around here. I hope to have some photos next weekend of my class from today, our trip to Santa Rosa for the 4th of July, and maybe some other knitting stuff :) We'll see how things go.
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and holiday and so on and so forth :)