Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Blogiversary :)

It occurs to me that as of today, I have been writing on this blog for six years. Yes, SIX YEARS! To see where it all started, you could visit my first blog post (please be aware the the only thing linked in that post is long gone).

I've been blogging for quite awhile. If I am honest with myself, I started blogging when I was in high school in the mid-1990s, which means I've been blogging for most of the last 20 years...maybe a titch longer than that. My first blog was on LiveJournal, while still an active blogging site, no longer has a blog written by me. Sometimes, I have to wonder how it's possible that I've been blogging for that long but the proof is in the pudding.

SIX YEARS

I am.....I just.....WHAT?! Six years?!

Let's talk about the blog statistics. As of this post, 582 posts have been written, which is an average of 97 posts per uyear. Now, did I write 97 posts every year? No. That's silly. Ninety-seven posts is just the average over the six years. My most-read post was my very first yarn review on Cascade 220, with 4180 views (as of this writing). My most-viewed month was September 2013, with 16,879 views during that month. The website that refers the most viewers is, of course, Google (with 3,542 referrals), followed distantly by my Ravelry profile (with 695). The top 10 countries of my viewers are: United States, Ukraine, Russia, France, China, the UK, Canada, Poland, the Netherlands, and Germany.

As for the blog.........

Well, I'm still a yarn addict. My stash has only grown more since that first post six years ago. I've become a much better knitter, have started doing more design work, I've picked up spinning, I'm active on Ravelry, and I'm pretty sure I've shown some people the light toward knitting and/or spinning......or the dark side (we have cookies). Whichever.

I feel like the last six years have flown by, and they have...but at the same time, I feel like I've been a blogger for eternity (and considering I've spent almost 2/3 of my life as a blogger, I suppose that's true).

Anyway, happy Monday :) Happy blogiversary to me :) Woo! Have a good week, kids!

4 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! I read your first post. Are you still knitting socks with nine inch circulars?
    You certainly have had a lot happen in these six years, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have them but I've progressed to socks on two circulars.....still hate Magic Loop and I'll do DPNs but two circulars is my jam :)

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! I've just checked and mine will be 7 in September, so much has changed in those years!

    ReplyDelete