Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I'm just posting a lot today......but this is a WIP Wednesday post :)

I'm only showing you a couple of my WIPs this week because, quite frankly, I've been too lazy to photograph everything and I've not been doing much knitting recently anyway.j

So..........

Wink (link to Project Page)
First up, we have my Wink sweater. I've finished the back neck portion, I've picked up stitches and placed stitch markers, and now I'm ready to start working on the raglan increases and such. It's not very exciting but it feels like it's taken me forever to get to this point. I'm working with my US #6 (4 mm) Knit Picks Rosewood interchangeables that Husband got me for Christmas. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash in Camel Heather. So far, this is just the first ball. I ordered 25 skeins. Oh, and then, I started this sweater before I lost 35 lbs. and I'm knitting the largest size. I have a feeling that I'm going to have a sweater that's a bit too big. But, I'm okay with that as cardigans should be a little big, in my opinion. So, I'm just going to go with it :)

Petty Harbour Socks (link to Project Page)
Secondly, my Petty Harbour Socks. This is actually the second sock and it was just after it came out of time out. A couple weeks ago, I was counting stitches on the heel side, as one does, and discovered that something was........off. I had an odd number of stitches in the gusset section and an odd number on one of the sides but the other side was correct (it's worked kind of in three sections: two sides and then you do the gusset decreases in the middle and then there's the instep on the other needle). I wound up tinking back about 12 rounds to fix the mistake: a misplaced stitch marker when I first started the gusset decreases. But, I'm back on track....if I'd work on them. They're not hard, it's fat yarn, they're short socks...they should not be taking this long. But, alas, they are. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock (Heavyweight), which is a DK yarn and the needles are two ChaiGoo Lace Circulars in US #1.5 (2.5 mm). If I'd work on them, I could have them done soon.



As for reading material......well, I've not done much reading lately. I picked up The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up at Costco yesterday morning but I've not started yet. I'm also in the middle of The Hobbit (from this printing)....but I've not read it recently.

Honestly, between Little Man starting school, all of us getting the plague, and just plain readjustment.....I've not had much time to do anything.

But, there it is.




I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday :)

Also, if you haven't read it yet, today is Stormageddon's first birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that band of cables for your cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cable pattern on that sweater looks amazing. I look forward to seeing the whole thing when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete