It seems rather impossible, in my mind, that I only have six more weeks of my Fourth Self-Imposed Year of Projects but upon consultation with an actual calendar, it is, in fact, true. I don't even know how that happened. Six weeks until the end of the year? What? Yeah, totally true.
Anyway, let's get going....
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015 and it's all finished
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
21. Curlew: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015
22. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015; finished November 2, 2015
I've not finished anything new, which isn't surprising. And on Friday, I had a post about Curlew (finally) and Little Man's Hat. You can find it here.
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Bunny: started September 8, 2015
Admittedly, I've not spent much time knitting this week. I may have worked a row or two on my Pacific Shawl, I pulled out the bunny and looked at it (and put it away), and I may have glanced at my Dragon's Egg Socks. The only project that I know saw action this past week was the second of my Fire Socks. I'm just a couple rounds away from starting the heel flap, which is glorious. I don't know what it is, perhaps some sort of longer-term adrenaline rush, but once I hit the heel flap of a second sock, the sock just seems to fly off the needles. So, here's to hoping.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Let's just move along from that right now......nothing to see here......
Outside of all that, not much else has been happening. Little Man turned FIVE years old last Monday. It was an extremely rainy, blustery day....well, by San Francisco standards. There were even claps of thunder and a few flashes of lightening. I heard that lightening hit the Golden Gate Bridge, and I have seen a photo that confirms that.
Little Man didn't have school on Wednesday (Veteran's Day) and Thursday morning he had his five year well-kid check at the doctor. He's a big kid for his age (91st % for height and something like 85th % for weight) but he's otherwise normal. His hearing was a bit wonky but that may be because of his ear infection so we're going to retest him in January before we decide if he needs to see a specialist. He also had a flu shot, which he wasn't excited about but he got ice cream afterwards and ice cream makes everything better. Or something.
And then Friday.......oh Friday. Well, Thursday afternoon, after my dentist appointment, I took my car over to a place we've been to. My roof is "leaking" (the seal around the sunroof is being problematic)...and the check engine light is on again. So, I get the call back on Friday that the sunroof issue may be a sort of recall issue with my car. Volkswagon won't actually issue a recall because it's not a safety issue but it's been noted numerous times and there's apparently a workaround that involves insurance (covered by them) so we don't have to pay for it but no one at the dealership seems to have a damn clue and the person I needed to talk to was "on lunch" from 2:45-3:45 (and they close at 4pm - WTF?!).......I wound up leaving without anything being done. ::sigh:: I get to deal with it tomorrow and I'm not pleased about it.
But, let's see if I have some photos......
|Watching Anamaniacs on his birthday|
|Cranberry & pecan stuffed chicken boobs|
|Post flu shot ice cream|
I hope you're all having a lovely day. We're doing the San Francisco Color Run this morning (walking the 5K) and then probably being veggies the rest of the day. Woo!