Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Stash Enhancement 2017: The First Purchase(s)

Happy Saturday :)

I've been really good so far this year. I picked up some yarn for the Pikachu Hat (see yesterday's post) that never made it into the stash and, obviously, I've not written a Stash Enhancement post for 2017...so, we'll just pretend that didn't happen.

But, it's mid-February and I've been really good about not bringing yarn into the house...except for what came in over the last ten days or so. Now, let's be fair: I picked up a box of yarn from Knit Picks that was (1) on sale and (2) mostly slated for immediate projects. I almost don't want to count half the box as stash because they're being used as quickly as I can knit but, of course, there is the other half of the box. So, I suppose for absolute transparency......

The Knit Picks Haul



Five skeins of Knit Picks Mighty Stitch in Cotton Candy (and yes, I've already started knitting with one of them so I threw that in the photo as well).


Two more skeins of Knit Picks Mighty Stitch but these are in the Fairy Tale colorway.

Mighty Stitch is an 80/20 acrylic/wool blend. It's a little fuzzy and I have little fuzzballs flying from my WIP and it's a little splitty but it's nice to work with as far as acrylic blends go.


Two skeins of Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Cotton Candy.

Brava Worsted is a 100% acrylic but it's pretty nice to work with. It's also rather inexpensive, which helps.


Two skeins of Knit Picks Mighty Stitch Bulky in Blush. It's similar to the worsted version above but, you know, thicker.

The above pink colors are slated for Pussy Hats for our gaggle of gay (male) friends, hence why I have a project started with one of the skeins.


But, that's only half the box.

Three more skeins of Knit Picks Brava came in. These are also slated for a project so I don't feel too horrible. These are for a yarmulke for a friend of ours (and yes, he has requested a Rasta-colored one).

Red


Canary

Grass

In addition to that.....I picked up the Mighty Stitch Rainbow Sampler (the Fairy Tale colorway is also from that but I thought it would work better for the hats so I took it out of that grouping).

Serrano

Orange

Canary

Macaw

Celestial

Eggplant



But wait, THERE'S MORE!


In addition to the above Knit Picks haul, I also picked up a couple skeins in a destash. They are both Assockilate from the Cyborg's Craft Room, which is sadly discontinued as the indie dyer has passed away.

Assockilate is a 75/25 Merino/Nylon blend.

Dionysus

Diana
I assume these are both named after figures in ancient mythology. Dionysus was the Greek god of grape harvest, winemaking, ritual madness, fertility, theater, and religious ecstasy. Diana, on the other hand, was the Roman goddess of hunting and the moon. I suppose they're fitting.



Anyway, transparency and all that. I suppose my next Stash Acquisition post will be from Stitches West..........

6 comments:

  1. I did a Stash post today too...I added a link-up if you want to join...I've been etsy shopping a lot! And well the two LYS stops didn't help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which do you like betta - Mighty Stitch or Brava Worsted? I've worked w/Brava Worsted before and have had no issues w/it. It washes and dries well. I want to make a couch blanket for our living room and have the colors go with our Hawaiian theme. I love that Serrano you bought. It pretty much matches our cayenne pepper wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worked with both but I don't know how well the MS lasts long-term or how it washes because I've not finished anything with it (yet). Soooooo, I don't know.

      Delete
  3. I've got one skein of Cyborg's yarn left. You've inspired me to try and hunt some more done.

    Looks like you had a fun day when that big box of KP showed up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to *hunt* to find anything. No one wants to give it up :)

      Delete