Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Year SEVEN: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #31

Hello and happy Sunday! I hope you're ready for......well, let's just see what happens :)



FOs (Finished Objects)

1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018; finished 27 May 2018
12. River's Edge Fiber Arts Falkland Merino (wheel): started 19 May 2018; finished 2 June 2018
13. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016; finished 12 June 2018
14. MaryAnn Wool (wheel): started 9 July 2018; finished 12 July 2018
15. Malabrigo Nube (wheel): started 12 July 2018; finished 20 July 2018
16. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017; finished 31 July 2018
17. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018; finished 2 August 2018

I finished up two pairs of socks this week. The Paradiddle Prototype socks are currently on sock blockers and the FrankenSocks require the weaving in of 34 ends. Each. Yeah. I'm kind of actively avoiding that. I've done maybe half of them on one sock.


That's how I feel about weaving in the ends right now. It'll get done slowly over the next infinity amount of time......it's not like it's terribly difficult but it does take up time...time that I could be knitting, instead....



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
3. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
4. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
5. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
6. Returning: started 14 January 2018
7. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
8. Granny Square Blanket (1): started 28 April 2018
9. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
10. Safari Duo - Ella the Elephant: started 11 July 2018
11. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018

I'm kind of amazed that I didn't start any new projects this week. I certainly thought about it but I didn't actually do it. I also almost ordered more yarn, which is a separate issue, related to being gifted the Chili Pepper Tunic.

But that's about things that didn't happen.

What did happen this week? Outside of the two finishes, I worked on Ella the Elephant. I finished up the front legs & body section and I started the head. I've got the head/trunk, back legs, and ears to make....and I'm about 90% sure I'm going to run out of yarn. I'm not too thrilled about that as it came as a kit with a magazine. ::sigh:: I'm going to work as much of it as I can and hope I don't run out. I even went down a needle size to try to mitigate the possibility of running out of yarn. So, you know, I'm not too thrilled but it appears that I can order more of the yarn if I need to. I'll have to check into that, though.

Other than that, there wasn't any knitting.



OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists:

Children's Items
1. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
2. Mittens for Stormageddon
3. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
4. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
5. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, maybe)

Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Sockhead (fingering - Madelinetosh Merino Light)
11. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
12. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
13. Age of Brass & Steam (DK - Berroco Comfort DK)
14. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
15. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)

Random Things
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
4. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks  *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.

Spinning
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2.  Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool

Dyeing
1. Gaia (worsted)
2. Euro Sock 6-ply or BFL Sock (I can't remember which one I have)
3. Whatever else I find in the bag...I have a bag...or maybe a couple of bags....sock blanks, some more BFL sock....

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)



This week was Little Man's second-to-last week of summer. It was also the week of Husband's company BBQ.....which we cater ourselves. So, we were busy this week, but it was mostly doing things for the party.


The sass is strong in this child. He is, after all, my child. And we all know I'm just beyond full of sass.


We pulled out the "my aunt rocks" shirt because we had it and I took photos to send to my bestie back home in Wisconsin (who bought the shirt originally for Little Man, who has, of course, grown out of it).





I have no idea what my goofy children are doing here. Other than being goofy. They're always kind of goofy so I shouldn't be all that surprised....



We took a trip to Walmart this week. Stormageddon is potty trained now and we had a full box of overnight diapers that we could return. So, we returned them. But the thing is, the Walmart nearest us has a McDonald's inside...so we grabbed lunch and the boys got Mario toys (the same one, thankfully). They're almost as bad as phones but not quite.





We had an outing this week that involved a trip to Baskin Robbin's and the library to return books. Normally, Stormageddon isn't big on ice cream but that day, he wanted ice cream. So, I got him a little dish of his own and he ate it right up, no issues or complaints. I was sure I was going to have to finish it. After that, we went to the library. We were there to renew a couple books, return a bunch more, and maybe pick up some new ones.....next thing you know, we're in one of the conference rooms with various painting instruments and we're painting on a mural. Okay. We just kind of went with it. What else can you do?

By the time Wednesday rolled around, we were all pretty cashed but we still had things that needed to be done for the work party...








Among our many trips to various places, we stopped at a little produce market in Redwood City. We can get things like corn on the cob by the case, which is what we needed for the party...among some other items in bulk. The problem? Gathering the items can take awhile, resulting in slightly surly, feral children. But, we survived.

Oh, and Little Man lost another tooth. Or, rather, he had me pull it out for him.



The boys spent some time at the park during the BBQ. Little Man even pushed Stormageddon in the swing. It was all rather adorable. They also spent quite a bit of time in the bounce house.





Of course, when we got back home, it was business as usual. The boys were back to being goofy (Little Man wanted to be Luigi in Luigi's Mansion so he stole one of the metal serving tins and taped it to a cardboard tube and the chefs hats were from the party).

As of yesterday, our house still looks like a bomb went off. It's getting kind of cleaned up today as we have friends coming over for...........more BBQ. I wish I were joking. I'm not. It's fine, though. If anything, my house will get cleaned up, right?

The only other interesting thing that happened was going to the Fremont Festival of the Arts, which is basically an art/craft fair. There was definitely a serious lack of fiber, though. I did come home with a fabulous new cross-body bag that can fit all the things. I wish it had pockets but I can hand-sew one in if I really want one. I think. Unfortunately, it was hot outside (90ºF), there was little shade, and I didn't drink enough water. I came home with a wicked headache and heat exhaustion. I chugged lots of water, took some Tylenol, and plopped down on the bed in our air conditioned bedroom for awhile. I still had the headache this morning but more water and it's gone for now. It's not as hot here either, which helps immensely.



I hope you're having a lovely Sunday! I'm hoping to get my shit together for a FO Friday Tour de Fleece edition post....we'll see.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better after getting overheated. And glad the work BBQ is behind you. I trust it was a success. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a success, thankfully. We did have too much food but that's not unusual. I think we're going to actively cut back again next year.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do.....but I don't. Like, we always have things we need to do but some weeks just seem busier than others.

      Delete
  3. Well no wonder you had heat exhaustion, I am exhausted just following your week! I failed at Tour de Fleece - too much teaching to do - but I look forward to your wrap up post. As usual your kid pics are toooooo cute and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you finishing the socks! I hate ends, I have to do them as I go or leave them as a design feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished up the first sock! So now I just have the second one :)

      Delete
  5. We haven't gone yet and we live there but we had come back Sunday afternoon and were beat from the intensive week in southern CA. Love seeing the boys and love the sassy sweatshirt. I hope they appreciate their mama every day because they're hella lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete