Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Year SEVEN: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #33

Happy Sunday! I'm super late to the party today for various reasons, all of them stemming from who I am as a person the first week of a new school year. So, let's get moving and see where things take us :)


FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018; finished 27 May 2018
12. River's Edge Fiber Arts Falkland Merino (wheel): started 19 May 2018; finished 2 June 2018
13. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016; finished 12 June 2018
14. MaryAnn Wool (wheel): started 9 July 2018; finished 12 July 2018
15. Malabrigo Nube (wheel): started 12 July 2018; finished 20 July 2018
16. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017; finished 31 July 2018
17. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018; finished 2 August 2018

I've not finished anything new this week, which isn't surprising. I am, however, still weaving in ends on the FrankenSocks......so many ends.......to be fair, I didn't do any of that this week. Oh well.



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
3. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
4. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
5. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
6. Returning: started 14 January 2018
7. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
8. Granny Square Blanket (1): started 28 April 2018
9. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
10. Safari Duo - Ella the Elephant: started 11 July 2018
11. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
12. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
13. Age of Brass & Steam Shawl: started 10 August 2018

Admittedly, I did not do a lot of knitting this week and what knitting I actually did was on the Age of Brass & Steam. I'm ready to start the last eyelet section, based on what the pattern says....but I have two skeins of yarn left and I made a mistake in the second eyelet section so I might make it five eyelet sections instead of three and incorporate the mistake again. I haven't decided yet. It kind of depends on how large it is after three...but I can probably get five out of the yarn I have.

Other than that, nada. Oh well.

Oh wait, I take it back. I pulled out the Returning Shawl to figure out where my mistake was.

There's no mistake. None. I just don't know how to count YOs, apparently. I also need to work two more rows to get to the point where I start the contrast colors. ::sigh:: So, at least it's not on time out anymore, right?



OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists:

Children's Items
1. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
2. Mittens for Stormageddon
3. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
4. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
5. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, maybe)

Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Sockhead (fingering - Madelinetosh Merino Light)
11. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
12. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
13. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
14. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)

Random Things
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
4. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks  *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.

Spinning
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2.  Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool

Dyeing
1. Gaia (worsted)
2. Euro Sock 6-ply or BFL Sock (I can't remember which one I have)
3. Whatever else I find in the bag...I have a bag...or maybe a couple of bags....sock blanks, some more BFL sock....

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)




This week was Little Man's first week of school so we've been extra busy. Monday was the Ice Cream Social and it was the day parents and students alike discovered their new teachers (or old teachers). Little Man is with the teacher I wanted, so I'm happy about that. He wasn't too thrilled about it at first because his teacher "does all the music," which isn't exactly true. Yes, he's going to have more music in class than normal but he likes music. I think the issue is performance anxiety (he is, after all, my child). 

Tuesday was the actual first day of school and it started out.....well, it wasn't a pleasant way to start the day. I sprained my ankle just as we were coming onto the campus. If you're unaware, we walk to school from our house, unless the weather is uncooperative. It's 1.5 miles round trip, give or take if I go a slightly different route. Anyway, we had just gotten to the school and I rolled off the sidewalk into the parking lot, Stormageddon went flying in his stroller, and I had to get very creative with my cursing because there were about 40 middle school students within earshot. It's been almost a week and I'm still hurting. I'm going to be sore for awhile but at least I don't need to wear my brace to walk anymore. 





After school, Little Man had a dentist appointment regarding the tooth he chipped the week before. Luckily, she was able to just do a bonding filling, rather than having to drill it out or anything. So, no shots or anything like that. 


Unfortunately, Stormageddon had his first potty accident since being declared potty-trained. I asked him twice at the dentist's office if he had to go and he kept telling me, "NO!" As I was doing our co-pay for Little Man's tooth, I smelled poop.......yep. Stormageddon pooped his pants. ::sigh:: At least I had underwear/shorts in my bag. The only thing I didn't have was a plastic bag to put it in. I went rummaging around in the cabinets at the dentist's office and found a plastic glove, which worked well enough for me. 


It's a good thing he's cute because I wasn't too thrilled about his poopy pants. ::sigh:: That wasn't his only accident this past week...but, to be fair, the second time, he realized he needed to poop but we just didn't make it. That one wasn't so bad. Still messy and gross but not as bad as the first one. I think he learned his lesson. 


On our walk home one day, we stopped to take photos of flowers. This is the same bush that has the blue & black fuzzy caterpillars in the winter. So, caterpillars, cocoons, and then purple flowers. I'll take it. 


Apparently my child is a dirty dish. Who knew? This was at the cafĂ© near the school, just outside the bathroom (because he said he had to go and I wasn't about to argue with him after the two accidents this week). 

Yesterday was a busy day, which is most of the reason I'm late with posting today. Little Man had a birthday party right away at 11am. Luckily, it was just on the other side of the golf course from our house so we actually walked over. The kids played at the park and we ate food and it was just a nice time. Unfortunately, it was a bit windy (we were next to the Bay) so the birthday boy couldn't blow out candles, as we couldn't keep them lit. 

After the birthday party, we walked home, went to the bathroom, and Little Man and I went to an indoor trampoline place for another event (this was a back to school party that we got a spot for from the auction last March). So, he was jumping around for about an hour and a half before having more food and dessert. 




And then, because there wasn't enough going on, I went to Mommy Martini Night last night. We got home around 11:30pm, which isn't bad, and I only had two (very strong) drinks....and a bourbon ball....and lots of food....and not enough water. Hmmm, no wonder I've felt like crap all day. 

It was a lot of fun, though. It's a yearly event for moms, usually the Saturday after school starts. I think we had about 50 moms show up, which isn't bad for a school with only 250 families. And we had a good dispersion between the ages of our kids. We had middle school moms and Kinder moms, moms that have two or three kids in the school, etc. 

Unfortunately, those two strong drinks meant I was not feeling all that well this morning. I've had a lingering headache all day and Husband made me take a nap. I did haul myself to the gym for the first time since Monday and my sprained ankle, not that I did a whole lot. I walked on a treadmill for a half-hour, which was enough for my ankle. This is going to be a long road. ::sigh::

I also found this guy when I was getting ready to run the leaf blower this morning.


He was teeny, maybe four inches long. He was just sitting there like he owned the place. I took the photo, went to step over him and he was already gone. Less than ten seconds had elapsed. 



Soooooooooo, that's what's going on around here. Some knitting, and some life. Not much else :) I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :) 

Oh, I also had a FO Friday post about my Tour de Fleece spinnings (you can find it here) and I celebrated NINE years on this very blog (you can find that post here). 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to read about your hurt ankle. Have done similar (rolling my foot off a sidewalk), so I can totally picture how it happened. Can I admit I giggled at the creative cursing comment? I wasn't laughing at you, I promise. But I couldn't help but laugh a bit at your description. I assume that was your intention. ;^) I hope your ankle heals up quicker than you anticipate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, walking on a treadmill w/a sprained ankle? You should have used the stationary bike instead. Aw, potty accidents; don't miss those. I like how you're prepared. I guess you need to add plastic bags to the backpack? How neat to have a Mommy Martini night!

    ReplyDelete