Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Year SEVEN: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #41

Happy Sunday! Let's get moving right along :)



FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018; finished 27 May 2018
12. River's Edge Fiber Arts Falkland Merino (wheel): started 19 May 2018; finished 2 June 2018
13. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016; finished 12 June 2018
14. MaryAnn Wool (wheel): started 9 July 2018; finished 12 July 2018
15. Malabrigo Nube (wheel): started 12 July 2018; finished 20 July 2018
16. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017; finished 31 July 2018
17. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018; finished 2 August 2018
18: Cup Cozy: started 22 September 2018; finished 22 September 2018

Nonononono! Go past this! Past this part. In fact, never play this again.....



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
3. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
4. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
5. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
6. Returning: started 14 January 2018
7. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
8. Granny Square Blanket (1): started 28 April 2018
9. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
10. Safari Duo - Ella the Elephant: started 11 July 2018
11. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
12. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
13. Age of Brass & Steam Shawl: started 10 August 2018
14. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
15. Sockhead: started 11 September 2018

My in-laws were here part of this week so most of my early-week knitting was on the Sockhead. I could make it into a beanie right now but I'm not going to do that. It's plenty long for it, though. I tried it on Little Man last night and the working stitches were up over his head. So, I'm just going to knit along for a bit more.

After my in-laws left, I could work on other things. I chose to work a little bit on my Age of Brass & Steam shawl. I'm playing yarn chicken at this point. I have 16/21 rows finished in the last section and then I have the last eyelet section and the bind-off. I expect I'm going to be buying some yarn to finish the project, which is fine. This one isn't discontinued.

In addition to that, I also pulled out the little elephant I'm making for my niece. I finished up the knitting portion and now I'm in the middle of seaming hell. The problem is that the directions aren't exactly clear on how to seam it properly. I mean, I know how to do a seam. That isn't the issue. Specifically the body seaming is the issue. The front legs are worked right into the body portion (you start with the legs, leave the stitches live on holders, and add them to the body all in one piece)...but the legs don't match up with the back half of the body very well so there are these little lumps. I've decided I don't care all that much, seamed it up, and called it good. But what should have taken maybe 45 minutes took almost twice that. And I needed a break after that. So, I still have the back legs to seam, stuff, and attach to the body; the head needs to be seamed, stuffed, and attached to the body; the ears need to be attached to the head; and lastly, the tail needs to be attached to the butt. Oh, and I need to put some eyes on the face.

Soooooo, there's all that.

I also pulled out some of my design work and started tinkering with the Stomping Grounds collection. Not that a whole lot happened but I did it.

I think that's it.....maybe......yeah.....



OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists:

Children's Items
1. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
2. Mittens for Stormageddon
3. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
4. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
5. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, maybe)

Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and the Neighborhood Fiber Co. in "Charles Centre")
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
11. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
12. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
13. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)

Random Things
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
4. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks  *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.

Spinning
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2.  Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool

Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)


With my in-laws here for part of the week, we were busy doing things with them. We took the boys to the park one day. 



Stormageddon loves the swings but I do not love pushing him.......but grandpa did. 



Little Man, on the other hand, wasn't feeling too well and climbed up onto my back and I took this sky selfie. 

He actually came down with something this week. He's been coughing but on Friday, he was running a fever and he actually took a nap for maybe an hour. Given that he's almost 8 years old, napping is definitely not a thing in his world. But he took one. He was much better afterwards. I doubt it's anything beyond a cold but he was definitely miserable on Friday. 

I'm trying to think of anything else that happened this week and I'm not coming up with much......like I said, with my in-laws here, it kind of sucked time away from other things. So, there's that. 


Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend. I might be back later this week but don't hold your breath :) 



I found these at Costco yesterday. They're otterpops but instead of frozen popsicle juice goodness, they're little drinks. I think there's a cosmo, a flavored martini of some kind, a watermelon something, and a lemon drop. There are 12 in a package. I'm waiting for them to freeze before I enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. I thought about knitting a heffalump, but I think your seaming story has put me off...I don't really understand which part of the stitches to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....a lemon drop. I love making martini's and actually most folks I'm an expert, lol. That's one I make often. Never saw those at Cosco's, will have to look. Your lists are impressive. I've got stuff tucked away...started who knows when. Right now just focusing on finishing an afghan. But, lots of WIP in projects bags out of sight, out of mind, lol.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete