Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Year SEVEN: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #44

Happy Sunday!

In case you've missed it, I've posted a few other times this past week. I posted a WIP Wednesday and a Stash Enhancement yesterday, in case you want to go have a look.

But we're not here for that. We're here because it's Sunday and it's time for another installment of my Year of Projects :)


FOs (Finished Objects)

1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018; finished 27 May 2018
12. River's Edge Fiber Arts Falkland Merino (wheel): started 19 May 2018; finished 2 June 2018
13. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016; finished 12 June 2018
14. MaryAnn Wool (wheel): started 9 July 2018; finished 12 July 2018
15. Malabrigo Nube (wheel): started 12 July 2018; finished 20 July 2018
16. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017; finished 31 July 2018
17. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018; finished 2 August 2018
18: Cup Cozy: started 22 September 2018; finished 22 September 2018
19. Sockhead: started 11 September 2018; finished 2 November 2018

I finished a project. My Sockhead was finished on Friday afternoon. I suppose that means I'll have to have an FO Friday post one of these days. I feel like I might be a little behind on those....I should look. But yes, it's finished. It's currently still drying on the counter in the bathroom.


I did hit a snafu with it. I had just started the decreases when I came up short on one side....so, I'm looking and looking and then I see it......six inches down. A dropped stitch (the blue stitch marker is where I caught it). And it wasn't like I recently dropped it. No, I dropped it six inches ago and it didn't unravel all the way down and I just knit around like it hadn't happened (it maybe dropped three rounds). So, cue me having a little tantrum and searching out my grandmother's teeny crochet hooks to fix it. I did get it laddered back up and it was a little tight...but it's fixed. Since it's currently drying, I can still tell where the laddering and subsequent fix was done but I don't know that anyone else will. It's still a little tight in that area.

But, it's finished :)



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
3. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
4. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
5. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
6. Returning: started 14 January 2018
7. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
8. Granny Square Blanket (1): started 28 April 2018
9. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
10. Safari Duo - Ella the Elephant: started 11 July 2018
11. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
12. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
13. Age of Brass & Steam Shawl: started 10 August 2018
14. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
15. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018

With November upon us (happy November, by the way), I suppose I need to get back to some of these other WIPs. My Age of Brass & Steam literally just needs the bind-off and it's finished. I'm hesitating because I'm positive I'm going to run out of yarn...and I need to dig out the mini of a different yarn in the almost exactly same color and I just don't want to do it right now. I really should.

I need to finish up Ella the Elephant soon because I'll have to ship it to Wisconsin for my Devil Niece for Christmas (because her birthday is tomorrow and there's no way I'll have it done before then, let alone shipped). At least I'm at the point of seaming....but I hates it, Precious.

I'm also to the point where I can work on the Returning Shawl again, now that I've sorted out my yarn. I think. We'll see. Lifelines will happen, if only for my sanity. Woo.

I might just be getting excited about my WIPs again.

But as for actual knitting this week, it was just the Sockhead and a little bit here and there on the Campfire Socks. I'm maybe halfway down the leg. I should measure or something. But that's it for actual knitting.



Mooooving along...

OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists:

Children's Items
1. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
2. Mittens for Stormageddon
3. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
4. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
5. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, maybe)

Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and the Neighborhood Fiber Co. in "Charles Centre")
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
11. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
12. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
13. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)

Random Things
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
4. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks  *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.

Spinning
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2.  Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool

Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)



This past week has been.....well, it was better than the week prior but it was still a bit of a rough week, particularly at the beginning of the week. Mental health is no joke. It can completely derail a person. Unfortunately, Husband and I have both been battling these last few weeks, and we're feeding off each other and, in addition to that, the kids are also out of sorts because they're also feeding off us. So, it's been kind of messy around here these past few weeks, with regards to our mental health and stability. 

We'll get through it and we will be okay. Both Husband and I are already taking steps to mitigate the issues. But we're hitting a rough spot right now. 

Thankfully, for me, things were finally starting to loosen up by Friday. I was actually in a lovely mood and wanted to do allllllll the things. I baked a loaf of banana bread, cleaned up my corner a bit, did some knitting, and tried to make sense of the chaos. But it was fleeting because by that night, I was an anxiety-riddled mess again. It had lessened again yesterday but it was still niggling at me. 

Mental health, man, mental health. 

::sigh::


In other random events this week, Hallowe'en happened. And with Hallowe'en came the Historical Timeline at school. So, at Little Man's school, they don't do the traditional Hallowe'en. Kids don't come to school in whatever costume they have or are planning to use for Trick-or-Treating. The younger kids (preschool-1st/2nd grade) participate in an event called the Universal Timeline. Kids are allowed to dress as plants, animals, planets, or anything else from nature (one kid we know dressed as a volcano one year). The older kids (2nd/3rd-6th grade) participate in an event called the Historical Timeline. The kids dress as historical figures and do a biography (it gets more involved as the kids get older). Little Man originally picked Michael Jackson, then William Wirt Winchester (as in Winchester rifles), but settled on Abraham Lincoln. 




He gave a little presentation in his classroom and then all the kids that did Historical Timeline went to the gym and lined up in order of birth year. There were maybe five Lincolns but there were plenty of other names. Some only had one, some had five or six, and it spanned all of recorded history. 

That night, though, it was business as usual:


Stormageddon was Jack-Jack and Little Man was Dash from The Incredibles. We went with some friends, the boys had fun, and there is far too much candy in my house. 

Also, just as an added knitting comment: I haven't finished weaving in all the ends on my FrankenSocks.....but I wore them on Halloween anyway. To be fair, I did finish the one sock and I started the second one. I'll have to finish them soon. No photos, though. I'm far too lazy for that.

There hasn't been a whole lot else happening, honestly. Little Man's birthday is this coming Friday and his party is on Saturday, so we'll be prepping the house for that. Also, presents were wrapped yesterday. Oh, and one of my college friends is coming for her yearly visit, also on Friday. So, you know, the usual :) And today is my Devil Niece's birthday. I've not sent her anything (yet - I'll probably do it later today). I'm just that way as a person lately. I'll get around to it. 


I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :) 

4 comments:

  1. Well done for fixing a missed stitch that far down and in sock yarn! Such patience! 😁😇

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Man made a nice looking Lincoln, and both boys look incredibly cute in their Halloween costumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is thank goodness for little tiny crochet hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself. I like their Incredibles costumes. Halloween flew by like a missile this year for us with tennis taking priority. I'm thankful for my kid's friends' parents who made sure she had fun.

    ReplyDelete