Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Year Eight: I will catch on to the "new normal," I will catch on to the "new normal".... (Update #22)

Hello and happy Sunday and happy June.....it's Husband's birthday today and, of course, I'm running behind. Again. I will catch on to the "new normal...." Let's just get going already, yeah?


FO's (Finished Objects): 
1. Age of Brass & Steam: started 10 August 2018; finished 7 January 2019
2. Sockhead for Little Man: started 29 November 2018; finished 25 January 2019
3. Cowl for Miss Sylvie: started 18 January 2019; finished 9 April 2019

Nothing new. This isn't surprising. And it shouldn't surprise you, either.




WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 201
6. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
7. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 28 July 2018 
8. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
9. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
10. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
11. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018

12. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
13. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): stared 16 January 2019
14. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
15. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started 16 May 2019

There's been very little knitting this past week. I think I've maybe worked a total of five rounds on the Prototype Something Something Raindrops (the cowl). I was busy doing a lot of other things, mostly work and trying to keep everything afloat otherwise. Soooo, not a lot of time for knitting. 



Design WIPs  (New section, specifically for design WIPs):
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

Let's just keep moving along here...we'll talk about this eventually, right?




OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists

Challenges (this is new for 2019)
1. Knit 2 granny squares a month (average) until I'm out of yarn (for the Granny Square Blanket in my WIP list above - I started with four cakes, I've finished two and started the third...I bought a fifth, though, for more choices): We are into June...I'm on my 9th square. Soooo, that means I'm behind now, which isn't surprising. For June, that means I need to finish the 9th, and start and finish the 10th, 11th, and 12th square. 
2. Knit 1 dishcloth a month (average): I've not knit a single one. I really should...

3. Submit and/or publish 4 designs this year. 


Children's Items
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (probably worsted weight of some sort)
4. Tardis Beanie (worsted weight - Cascade Yarns Venezia in Blue Velvet Grey)
5. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - might need to buy yarn for this one...) x2 sets (because 2 children)
6. Smaug Hat (worsted weight - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
7. Mirkwood (bulky weight - MadTosh Chunky in either Charcoal or Lowland)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Fornicating Deer Hat / Basic Lined Hat (worsted weight - Barrett Wool Co. Worsted Weight in Huron & Stationery from Stitches West 2018)
2. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - pick anything 400+ yds, it should work)
3. Brickless (worsted weight - Miss Babs Yowza in Celebration)
4. Nightlock (fingering weight - Sun Valley Fibers Merino/Nylon Fingering in Onyx & Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor)
5. Honey Badger (fingering weight - one of the BMFA STR that I got from Carrie)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Irisa Cowl (aran weight - pick something 200+ yds and it'll be fine)
8. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
9. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (as a hat; fingering weight - G. Sheller Merino/Silk Fingering in Natural & YOTH Little Brother in Caviar)
10. Spider Slouch (worsted weight - Plucky Scholar in One Hit Wonder)*
11. Moyen Age (fingering weight - Vice Yarns special order)
12. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - box of Knit Picks...may need to order more)
15. Morvarch (fingering weight - Wollmeise that I used the first time)
16. Down the Rabbit Hole (self-stripe fingering weight - White Birch Fiber Arts Merino/Nylon Self-Stripe in Rainbow Ash)
17. Tombreck (Aran weight - hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist or handspun Purple BFL)
18. Stormont (worsted weight - MadTosh 80/10/10 in Molly Ringwald)
19. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)

20. Northeasterly (Sock or DK weight - but really, I can use whatever as long as I have enough)* 


Dishcloth Patterns (for Challenges - these are just ideas!)
2. Kitchen Towel (as a washcloth - leave off the top/mirror bottom)
3. Tribble

Designs
1. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
2. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
3. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
4. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
5. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)


Spinning
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)

Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns
2. Anything else I find in the stash...or pick up along the way....

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers and/or stitch marker kits
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database & my Rav Library
3. Update inventory of loose patterns & books (spreadsheet & Rav Library)
4. Update inventory of PDF patterns (Rav Library)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
7. Get the Etsy Shop up and running with all the things! Or something. Maybe not an Etsy shop...



I'm still working on trying to get used to the "new normal" around here. I'm not sure that's going to happen before Little Man is out of school for the summer but we'll try. Then I get to try to get used to the "new new normal" for the summer....and then we'll see what fall brings. 

In addition to that, we had our pilot friends in and out most of the week due to having to do some training here in the Bay Area. 




She fell asleep while Stormageddon was watching videos on the iPad the other night. I also sent this photo to her husband, who stayed with us the following three nights. 




Have I mentioned that the boys love Legend of Zelda? We have a Link hat that I bought off Etsy a few years ago for Husband (on Stormageddon's head), a foam shield (on Little Man's back), a foam Master Sword (in Little Man's hand)...and we also have a wooden shield that Husband and I made several years ago (he cut the piece, I did most of the sanding and painting) and an actual metal Master Sword that Husband found online. It's not sharp but it will do some damage. Those are not for the children's use. But we have them. The boys decided to dress up like Link for some playtime. Little Man made the sword and shield that Stormageddon has. Nothing fancy. But they played and had fun.

I also caught Stormageddon making a fish face this week. He can't do it consistently yet but I caught one on camera. 




I think Stormageddon was just a year old and Little Man had just turned 5 years old when I caught his first fish face. So, I suppose you could say he's a little ahead of schedule....whatever that is. 

I think I mentioned last week that we went to Open House at Little Man's school. I mentioned the chicks that his Kinder/1st grade teacher had but I neglected to mention that she also has two turtles, Rose & Violet. She got the turtles when Little Man was in kindergarten so they're going on three years old. Little Man is fascinated with them. In the spring and fall, she usually keeps them in a pool outside (if the weather is nice). So, we visit in the mornings.





In other random events, I looked at my June calendar....it's insane. The next few weeks are super busy with events and appointments and just....stuff! We all have dentist appointments this week, Little Man has the Cub Scout Bridging Ceremony next weekend (I think it's next weekend...I should check), we have parties and gatherings, and the last day of school isn't until June 20th. But we're super busy until then. I don't expect to get a ton of knitting finished, honestly. Oh well. 

I also missed a few other events. I missed Spinning at the Winery, which was fine, honestly. I've been so busy that it just kind of passed me by. I also missed the beginning of Stash Dash 2019 (it started on May 24th)...I can still hop in on this one but I don't know if it's going to do me any good considering how busy I've been. We'll see how things progress. 

Anyway, that's enough out of me. I have things to do (like work). So I'm going to wander off. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment