Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Year Eight: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - School's Out for Summer! (Update #25)

Hello and happy Sunday! We all know why we're here, right? Let's get going then, yes?




FO's (Finished Objects): 

1. Age of Brass & Steam: started 10 August 2018; finished 7 January 2019
2. Sockhead for Little Man: started 29 November 2018; finished 25 January 2019
3. Cowl for Miss Sylvie: started 18 January 2019; finished 9 April 2019

Let's just not talk about my insane lack of FOs for this year. Let's just not. 




WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 201
6. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
7. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 28 July 2018 
8. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
9. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
10. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
11. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
12. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
13. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): stared 16 January 2019
14. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
15. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started 16 May 2019

I'm about halfway through my pair of fingerless mitts. That means I finished the first one. Or I'm close. I might have the thumb left. Regardless, the big portion is finished. I just didn't have any scissors on me when I finished the hand so I couldn't cut the yarn. ::sigh:: It's fine, though. It means I'll hopefully have these finished well before December and my bestie's birthday. 

I also pondered about pulling out my Clapotis. I'm not totally thrilled with the yarn and I don't even know if I'll use the FO so I may just pull it and say screw it. It's fine. I haven't actually done it yet, though. 

Aside from that, I've done very little crafting of any kind. More on that in a mo'.



Design WIPs  (New section, specifically for design WIPs):
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


I'll get around to all this eventually, yeah? Maybe?




OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists

Challenges (this is new for 2019)
1. Knit 2 granny squares a month (average) until I'm out of yarn (for the Granny Square Blanket in my WIP list above - I started with four cakes, I've finished two and started the third...I bought a fifth, though, for more choices): We are into June...I'm on my 9th square. Soooo, that means I'm behind now, which isn't surprising. For June, that means I need to finish the 9th, and start and finish the 10th, 11th, and 12th square. And given that we're toward the end of the month.....let's all laugh with me.
2. Knit 1 dishcloth a month (average): I've not knit a single one. I mean, I really should...
3. Submit and/or publish 4 designs this year. 



Children's Items
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (probably worsted weight of some sort)
4. Tardis Beanie (worsted weight - Cascade Yarns Venezia in Blue Velvet Grey)
5. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - might need to buy yarn for this one...) x2 sets (because 2 children)
6. Smaug Hat (worsted weight - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
7. Mirkwood (bulky weight - MadTosh Chunky in either Charcoal or Lowland)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Fornicating Deer Hat / Basic Lined Hat (worsted weight - Barrett Wool Co. Worsted Weight in Huron & Stationery from Stitches West 2018)
2. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - pick anything 400+ yds, it should work)
3. Brickless (worsted weight - Miss Babs Yowza in Celebration)
4. Nightlock (fingering weight - Sun Valley Fibers Merino/Nylon Fingering in Onyx & Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor)
5. Honey Badger (fingering weight - one of the BMFA STR that I got from Carrie)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Irisa Cowl (aran weight - pick something 200+ yds and it'll be fine)
8. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
9. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (as a hat; fingering weight - G. Sheller Merino/Silk Fingering in Natural & YOTH Little Brother in Caviar)
10. Spider Slouch (worsted weight - Plucky Scholar in One Hit Wonder)*
11. Moyen Age (fingering weight - Vice Yarns special order)
12. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - box of Knit Picks...may need to order more)
15. Morvarch (fingering weight - Wollmeise that I used the first time)
16. Down the Rabbit Hole (self-stripe fingering weight - White Birch Fiber Arts Merino/Nylon Self-Stripe in Rainbow Ash)
17. Tombreck (Aran weight - hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist or handspun Purple BFL)
18. Stormont (worsted weight - MadTosh 80/10/10 in Molly Ringwald)
19. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
20. Northeasterly (Sock or DK weight - but really, I can use whatever as long as I have enough)* 


Dishcloth Patterns (for Challenges - these are just ideas!)
2. Kitchen Towel (as a washcloth - leave off the top/mirror bottom)
3. Tribble

Designs
1. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
2. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
3. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
4. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
5. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)


Spinning
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)

Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns
2. Anything else I find in the stash...or pick up along the way....

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers and/or stitch marker kits
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database & my Rav Library
3. Update inventory of loose patterns & books (spreadsheet & Rav Library)
4. Update inventory of PDF patterns (Rav Library)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
7. Get the Etsy Shop up and running with all the things! Or something. Maybe not an Etsy shop...




School's out for summer! Little Man's last day was on Thursday (finally). Unfortunately, Stormageddon finally shared whatever sickies he had with me. Friday was kind of miserable. Coughing and an itchy, scratchy throat. ::sigh:: I'm doing okay. I'm not back to 100% but I'm not forced to hide in the house for fear of infecting everyone with the plague. He's been trying to share all week...he was sick last week Saturday, he was losing his voice on Sunday, and, honestly, it's still not quite right yet. Close, though.




As you can see, he was feeling much better by Wednesday when he stole my phone and took about a dozen selfies. ::sigh:: 





He took a couple more on Thursday during the talent show at school. Little Man's class did a performance (as a class) so the three of us went. 




That was his last day of second grade. When did he get so big?! He starts third grade in 8 weeks! And he turns 9 in November! WHAT?! How did that happen?!




There's also this little gem. Stormageddon decided he wanted to wear a Hawaiian shirt and he rocked it (much as they do). It used to belong to Little Man. I think he wore it in a school photo, actually. Maybe I can convince Stormageddon to wear it in his school photo in the fall. I'll have to check. 



Anyway, I hope you've had a good week & weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are so fun to see in your posts. Good to see you too, Mama. Hope you're on your way to better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are looking terrific. And yes, they're both growing up. Storm really does rock that Hawaiian shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete