Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Year Eight: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Remember we made an arrangement when you went away... (Update #37)

I hear it's actually Sunday this week! None of this garbage like last week. I'm going to get this written on time for once! Come hell or high water!



FO's (Finished Objects): 

1. Age of Brass & Steam: started 10 August 2018; finished 7 January 2019
2. Sockhead for Little Man: started 29 November 2018; finished 25 January 2019
3. Cowl for Miss Sylvie: started 18 January 2019; finished 9 April 2019
4. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started 16 May 2019; finished 24 June 2019
5. Dishcloth: started 9 July 2019; finished 16 July 2019
6. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018; frogged 16 July 2019
7. Dishcloth: started 16 July 2019; finished 26 August 2019

Nope. Move along now.




WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 201
6. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 28 July 2018 
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
12. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): stared 16 January 2019
13. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
14. Hufflepuff Hat: started 31 July 2019


The only thing I worked on this week was my Hufflepuff Hat. I finished up the colorwork section. 





I'm pretty sure my floats are too tight but not to the point that the hat doesn't fit. Sooooo, that much is going for me, which is delightful. I'm hoping that after I wash/block it, the acrylic will be stretched a bit without breaking. We'll see. 

That's all I worked on though. I think.




Design WIPs  (New section, specifically for design WIPs):
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

Keep moving along now, Sir.



OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Challenges (this is new for 2019)
1. Knit 1 granny square a month (average) until I'm out of yarn (for the Granny Square Blanket in my WIP list above): I've fallen off the wagon here...I mean, I've worked on it here and there but I haven't finished one in awhile. Oops. 
2. Submit and/or publish 2 designs this year. I'm not having high hopes for this but we'll see what happens.



Children's Items
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (probably worsted weight of some sort)
4. Tardis Beanie (worsted weight - Cascade Yarns Venezia in Blue Velvet Grey)



Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Fornicating Deer Hat / Basic Lined Hat (worsted weight - Barrett Wool Co. Worsted Weight in Huron & Stationery from Stitches West 2018)
2. Brickless (worsted weight - Miss Babs Yowza in Celebration)
3. Nightlock (fingering weight - Sun Valley Fibers Merino/Nylon Fingering in Onyx & Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor)
4. Honey Badger (fingering weight - one of the BMFA STR that I got from Carrie)
5. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
7. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (as a hat; fingering weight - G. Sheller Merino/Silk Fingering in Natural & YOTH Little Brother in Caviar)
8. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - box of Knit Picks...may need to order more)
9. Tombreck (Aran weight - hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist or handspun Purple BFL)
10. Stormont (worsted weight - MadTosh 80/10/10 in Molly Ringwald)
11. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
12. Northeasterly (Sock or DK weight - but really, I can use whatever as long as I have enough)* 


Designs
1. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
2. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
3. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
4. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
5. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)



Spinning
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns
2. Anything else I find in the stash...or pick up along the way....


Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers and/or stitch marker kits
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database & my Rav Library
3. Update inventory of loose patterns & books (spreadsheet & Rav Library)
4. Update inventory of PDF patterns (Rav Library)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
7. Get the Etsy Shop up and running with all the things! Or something. Maybe not an Etsy shop...



Since I couldn't get photos to work properly last week, I have a few over the last two weeks. Also, my photos reminded me of something that had happened that I completely forgot to mention. So, there's that. 

Stormageddon got a box of legos for his birthday and Little Man made him Pokémon...I think. There's Squirttle, a Pokéball, Bulbasaur, Evee, Charmander, and a Pikachu. I think that's what he told me (not that I can't tell...). 




Aside from legos, he also got a game, a Buzz Lightyear, and a few other things. So, that's lovely. 

We also had a little......snafu, I guess, is the best way to put it. I'm pretty sure it was September 3rd, which was a Tuesday. 






This is the house across the street. A water main broke somewhere and water started spewing up between the cement at the corner and the blacktop of the road. It was also pouring from a pipe into the aqueduct that runs along the golf course across the street. We could hear it. The guard at the substation behind our house knocked on the door and asked if we had any idea who to call. So, I called the local non-emergency PD and they connected me to the public works department and they sent out CalWater to fix the issue. Originally, our water was supposed to be shut off from noon until about 6pm.....but they were still working at 1am. Our water was turned on sometime overnight. It was not delightful. The water was shut off fairly quickly and they were draining it...but not being able to flush the loo or have running water to do dishes or cook dinner....yeah, that part sucked. 

I'm pretty sure this was Stormageddon that same morning. 





By the time Thursday rolled around, the temperatures were starting to go up....and yet, Stormageddon demanded to wear this sweater to school that day.




He also went down the slide while it was wet and got a wet butt. There was nothing that could be done. He had a wet butt. Oh well. 





Unfortunately, this happened when we got home. He was fine at pickup. He was chatty the whole way home. He told me he wanted a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. I did a few things, came out, and found him like this, fast asleep. And he slept for over an hour. When he woke up, he was less than happy and told me he hurt inside his head. So, tylenol and another nap......and then he was fine. ::sigh:: 





Other than that, it was a pretty benign week. We are in discussions with the school district...and by "we," I mean the Montessori program for the boys' school district. The district wants to mess things around again, even though they have a plan in place and haven't actually done what is outlined in the original plan...but sure, let's mess it up again. How about NO. Both schools are fighting to keep things the way they are and force the district to honor the original plan. We'll see. 



Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment