Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Purloined: Odd Things About Me

Today, I'm purloining from Nothing But Knit. Recently, she had posted a Q&A (that she, herself, purloined) and thought it might be fun...

So, Odd Things About Me :) 



1. Do you like mustard? This depends on the capacity. I like it on hot dogs and burgers and ham...but not much else. 

2. Choice of carbonated beverage? Lately, I've been drinking Canada Dry Ginger Ale (or the Cranberry or Blackberry flavored versions) but I'll also drink a Mt. Dew like it's going out of style...


3. Ever traveled to another country? I've been to Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Austria, and Germany.


4. Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka? Again, this depends. I will not do a tequila shot. I had a bad experience in college with those. I can drink it in a mixed drink but it has to be well-masked. Just the thought of it makes me nauseated. I can drink whiskey shots but I prefer it in mixed drinks (but I don't drink it that often anyway because it gives me gut-rot). Vodka I can drink in mixed drinks and I'm okay with it but I don't like the burn from the shot (and, again, gut-rot). I'm kind of a wuss, I guess. 


5. Hot dogs or Cheeseburgers? Yes, please.


6. Favorite Type Of food: I think I lean toward classic comfort foods but once in awhile I get a bug in my pants to do something that isn't that (like Indian or Greek). 


7. Do you believe in ghosts?  Yes. When I was a child, maybe 8 years old or so, I saw one when I was staying at my dad's house. I was sleeping on the couch and had a view down the hallway to my baby brother's room and my dad & step-mom's room. I didn't have my glasses on but I saw something very blue go from the laundry room to my brother's room. I got up because I thought it was a little strange since my brother wasn't crying (he was maybe a year old at the time)...so I got up to check and no one was there. 


8. What do you drink in the mornings? Water or mocha. 


9. Can you do a 100 pushups? No. I couldn't do them when I was in the best of shape, either. Sit-ups, on the other hand....those were my jam.


10. Summer, Winter, Spring, Or Fall? Fall.


11. Favorite hobby? Knitting. Dyeing yarn. Spinning. Reading. Coloring.


12. Tattoos? I have two on my back.


13. Do you wear glasses? I own them, I occasionally wear them....but generally, I wear my contacts.


14. Phobia? I'm scared of heights. Well, no. I'm not scared of heights. I'm scared of falling from a great height. I'm also not a fan of dead things bigger than a bug.


15. Nickname? I don't think I have any, really.


16. Three drinks you drink?  Mocha, water, milk.


17. Biggest Downfall? I'm not sure what this question is about. 


18. Rain or Snow? Rain. I hate snow.


19. Piercings? I have three in my right ear, four in my left ear, and my eyebrow (not that I wear earrings much but I have them).


20. Age? 39.


21. Taken or Single? Married.


22. How long taken or single? 10 years.


23. Kids? Two.


24. Favorite color? Green.


25. Employed? Sort of. I'm working as a contractor currently.


26. Can you whistle? Yes.


27. Where were you born? St. Mary's Hospital.


28. Brothers or Sisters? I have a younger half-brother and then my dad's girlfriend has two sons and a daughter so I kind of have three step-siblings.


29. Ninjas or Pirates? Pirates.


30. Surgeries? I've had three ear surgeries to fix my ear drum, my tonsils out, my wisdom teeth removed, five dental implants put in, a hernia surgery, and two c-sections.


31. Religious? No.


32. Shower or Bath? Shower but I like a bath once in awhile.


33. Like gambling? I do but I also know how dangerous it can be.


34. Are You Loyal? Yuuuuup.


35. Broken bones? Fingers, toes...I did have a stress fracture of sorts in high school on my left shin. I was a softball pitcher and I tended to stop line-drives with my leg and it was always the same spot so I wound up with this huge calcium deposit because I kept cracking the bone. It finally subsided after high school but I can still feel the lump.


36. How many tv’s in your house? Two that belong to us, one that belongs to our roommate, and the projector.


37. Worst pain ever? Grief, hands down. But a close second that is an actual physical pain was when I had popped the aforementioned hernia because I was sick and very pregnant with Stormageddon. It got so bad that I couldn't walk.


38. Do you like to dance? No.


39. Are your parents still alive? My mom passed away in 2001 and while my dad is still alive, I've not spoken to him in 10 years. 


40. Do you like camping? I don't hate it.....





I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday!

1 comment: