Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Recovery wasn't supposed to include this... (Update #3)

Happy Sunday! Let's get going.


FOs (Finished Objects):

Nope. Nothing to see here. Not yet, anyway. I'll get something here eventually.




WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
12. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
13. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
14. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019
15. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020

With the number of people that were in the house last weekend, I find it somewhat crazy that I was able to find any time to knit at all this week. But, I did manage to find a little time here and there to work on various projects.

I pulled out the Abracadabra Socks and knit a few rounds here and there. I'm almost to the toe decrease/yarn change. I have maybe five rounds before I'm to that point. 

In addition to that, I worked on the Ewetopia Stripey Socks. Again, almost to the toe decrease/yarn change. I'm a bit further away on this one but closer to that than the heel. This may wind up being my first FO of 2020 as it's the second sock. I actually worked on these last night for a bit.

I also worked on the newest Sockhead, not that there's much to show at this point. I'm still working on the ribbing section and I'm maybe an inch or so in, so I've got a bit yet. 

That was it, though. Nothing terribly thought-provoking or fancy. I do have a wicked case of Startitis, though....I've been fending her off, for now. 




OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists



Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Baby Yoda for Babies (Loops & Threads)
4. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*

5. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
6. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)


Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):

1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)
10. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)


Designs:

1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:

1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL
2. Mixed BFL
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
5. Fiberlady.com 100% Bamboo 


Dyeing:

1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:

1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



I mentioned in passing last week but I went to the yarn store. And Michaels. I should really have a stash update post one of these days. I feel like I didn't get much but the bag sitting in front of me says differently. 

I did pick up yarn for the Baby Yoda sweater. I plan to make that for my incubating niece/nephew (we don't know the flavor yet). And then I'll have to decide on a toy but that can wait a year or two. We'll see. 

Aside from that, California life has been quiet. I thought we were all coming down from last week's festivities....no. Turns out we have the flu going through our house. I wish I were kidding but it's legitimately the flu.

Stormageddon was sent home from school on Thursday. He was coughing and spiked a fever. He continued to cough and be miserable. He fell asleep while playing a video game. So, yeah, he's sick. That was all fine and well until this happened Thursday night (coupled with a fever spike to 103.6F)...





He looked like he was having an allergic reaction to...something. So, I called the nurse line and talked to the doctor who diagnosed him with the flu due to the symptoms and fever spike but said if his eyes got worse that I should bring him in. Around 9pm, I brought him in. 





I also brought the Nintendo Switch (and my Abracadabra Sock is sitting on top of his blanket). I didn't want to bring him in but Husband insisted. We were there for almost three hours and in those three hours, he was officially diagnosed with the flu and given his first dose of Tamiflu. Friday, I picked up the rest of the Tamiflu for him as well as Little Man, Husband, and me. 

So, that's how our week has been. 

This was Stormageddon's face yesterday morning. He's significantly less swollen than he was but you can still see the swelling. It was even better last night. He's on the mend...the rest of us, though.......Husband was down on Friday, I was down yesterday, and Little Man started his downward trend last night, going to bed at 7:30pm! 




I hope that's all that happens around here. Being sick is no fun, first of all. And secondly, no one has time for it! I hope we're all on the mend but we'll see.

I hope you've had a better week/weekend than we have! 

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully the Tamiflu will shorten the time you all are down and also help with the worse of the symptoms. I had never seen eyes swell from the flu before. That is frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family will be better soon, flu really is not funny. You got me curious about the Sockhead, and now I might have to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor little guy. that flu looks and sounds horrible. Here's to a better healthier week for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I've ever seen a flu reaction like that! Wow....glad he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, poor chap. I’m glad he’s getting better, and the others in the house. I hope this week is better for everyone. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that must have been scary! Glad he is doing better now. gentle hugs to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh!!! Poor baby! His face swelled from the fever? It looked like he was stung by a couple of bees or something. What a scare and thank goodness for modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete