Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Renee, you really suck at this! (Update #16)

Yes, I realize that it's Tuesday and that I'm late. I totally suck at this lately and, given the circumstances, this shouldn't be surprising. 

Anyway, let's get on with it.



FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020

Nope. Nothing new to see here. Move along now...



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
10. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
11. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
12. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020
13. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020

I don't know that I did any knitting this week. Seriously. None. 

However, that order from Webs arrived. Four skeins of yarn and a beautiful set of rosewood DPNs.............in the wrong damn size. 

Last week, I mentioned how I found a screaming deal on US#13 DPNs that were normally $21 and I got them for $3. Awesome. Totally wow. Much great. Except I did not do my due diligence with regards to making sure I ordered the correct size. See, I put in the search information that I wanted US#13 DPNs and I assumed that because I indicated the needle size I wanted that that would be what popped up in the search results. Only that's not what happened. I ordered the needles without double-checking and I received beautiful rosewood DPNs......in a US#10.75, which corresponds to a 7mm needle. ::sigh:: That is not what I wanted. I checked my invoice. It says the US#10.75 needles. I checked my order information online. It says the US#10.75 needles. I even went back into the search results for those needles. The only size available in those needles were US#10.75s. In short, I did a dumb. Now I have these beautiful rosewood needles that I will use at some point but they're not the needles I need and I'll have to go hunting again

But the yarn is nice. Four skeins of Cammello Merino from Plymouth Yarns. It's a sport weight and I have no idea what I'll do with it but it wants to be colorwork, that much is known. 

So, here we are. No knitting. Screwed up an order. Just another day in my life. 





OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:

1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
4. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
5. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):

1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)
10. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)


Designs:

1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:

1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL
2. Mixed BFL
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
5. Fiberlady.com 100% Bamboo 


Dyeing:

1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:

1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



Last week Monday, I sold my car. We bought that car in 2009 or early 2010, it got me through two babies coming home from the hospital, a cross-country  move (no, we didn't drive it across the country - we had it driven on a semi), many trips to and from the store and to schools and to the hospital and doctor appointments and the beach and so on. But, it was dying a slow death. Ten years is a good amount of time for a VW. Husband's 2004 VW lasted 14 years. If mine hadn't been a turbo, it probably would have lasted a bit longer. Last Monday morning, a lovely young man bought my car and that was that. We were a one-car family. Not that we're going anywhere with the Shelter-in-Place orders.





That "one-car family" thing didn't last long. My new car arrived yesterday. And yes, I do mean "arrived," as we called our car sales rep in Wisconsin, told him what we were looking at, asked a few questions, they sent us the paperwork, it was signed and sent back, the car was loaded on a truck last week Friday, and it arrived yesterday. Then we took it to an automatic car wash because it was filthy. Now it's all clean and pretty and ready to go. And even though it has a temp plate on it, I can still drive it because the DMV is closed and California Highway Patrol isn't doing in-person verification. We printed out the email from them that said as much and shoved it in the glovebox if I get pulled over. So, there's that delightful bit of news.


Aside from that, we did a bit of this and that last week.







It was rather warm last week for a few days. The boys were getting bored inside so Husband made the suggestion of putting on swimsuits and running around in the sprinklers. So, that happened. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed that. Sadly, I had fallen asleep and no one woke me up to tell me. So, the photos were taken by our roommate. 

Little Man also tried to teach Stormageddon how to climb one of the trees in the yard. Unfortunately, he's just a little too short to reach on his own so Little Man picked him up. 





Stormageddon also spent some time drawing on the deck with sidewalk chalk.





I actually worked outside on the deck that day, mostly to keep the boys from reverting to either wrestling or playing too many video games. Plus, the weather was delightful that day. Now we're just back to a little too chilly and cloudy. ::sigh::






Of course, that means that Little Man wants to cuddle up with the dog, which isn't really an issue. The dog is pretty tolerant about it. The above photo has a golf club cover (or a puppet) on Puppy's paw and all is well. He wasn't in love with it but he tolerated it.

We had an abundance of cardboard boxes in the house again (no idea why - we haven't been getting too many things online lately) and Little Man made himself a Zelda sword and shield. He also made a boomerang, which he couldn't find at that moment. He has since painted them but this was when he first made them.





Currently, it's midday Tuesday. Little Man finished reading Charlotte's Web for school, Stormageddon did some playdough and reading with me, and it's about time for some lunch. 

I hope you've all had a lovely quarantined week/weekend. I might get this right someday but let's not count on it.

2 comments:

  1. YAy on the nice, new ride! Wow, you are sure loyal to your old state. Stormn is getting long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new ride. What kind is it? You certainly are faithful to your dealership in WI. Double drat on those needles. But they are pretty right? Gosh, a size 13 would be like a tree branch LOL. Good luck on getting the right ones this time. How about a photo of your new yarn? That way we can all drool over it.

    ReplyDelete