Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - I'm going for a Threepeat! (Update #26)

Happy Sunday! This week marks the midpoint of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. Normally, I take this time to reevaluate everything and I might...but for now, let's just get mooooooving! 



FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020
5. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020; finished 25 May 2020
6. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020; finished 13 June 2020
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018; finished 18 June 2020

No new FOs today. Maybe next week. 



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
10. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
11. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
12. Rose City Rollers: started 18 June 2020

Apparently my Summer Stash Down wants me to finish all the things. I spent most of my crafting time this week working on the Prototype Something Something Raindrops cowl. I did the math. I have not quite 30 rounds and it'll be finished. Now, given that it's a cowl in fingering weight yarn, that still means a lot of stitches but it's doable. 

I also worked a teensy bit on the granny square I've been working on. I did a few rounds but, of course, as I work outward, those rounds get longer and longer. The good news is that I'm almost finished with another square. I'm not sure there is any bad news other than the rounds taking longer. 

But that's it, so far. 




OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:

1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
4. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
5. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)


Designs:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit





Tour de Fleece started yesterday. I, however, did not. I just didn't get around to getting my wheel out and working on anything. I expect I'll do that later today. My wheel needs some maintenance first but it's mostly just dusting and a little oil. Nothing terrible yet. I've not even made a plan for TdF. I think I'm just going to wing it. Lord knows I've got plenty of fiber to spin so I think my goal is going to be just spinning. 

In California life, the state was starting to move into the next phase of reopening....and then promptly went back a step because of a spike in Covid cases. I'm not surprised. We do not have a handle on this virus and anyone that says we do is trying to sell you snake oil. For us, that doesn't change anything. We were still doing things like takeout (to support our local businesses), limiting outside exposure, and wearing masks when we are out. It's hard but it's what we're having to do. And we have plenty of things we can tinker with. 

I, of course, have plenty of yarn to knit and crochet and fiber to spin. Husband could brew beer. Or, we could do things like this:







Yes. The top is the necklace of the Mandolorian. The other is a very busty Zelda (apparently this is the one from Hyrule Warriors). Husband bought a 3D printer and has been having fun. In addition to these, he's also made a Red Baron Snoopy on his house, several partial Snoopy butts (learning curve!), a Boaty McBoatFace, a holder for AAA and AA batteries, a few things for a friend for his Ham Radio, and he's making something else right now. 

There is a bit of a learning curve (hence the several partial Snoopy butts) but he's pretty sure he's got it down now. So, it's basically been working almost non-stop since he got it put together. 





I know this doesn't look very appetizing but I made mushroom risotto in the instant pot the other day. I have a love of mushroom risotto and I made a double batch because nomnomnom! 

Our days have been fairly lazy. We get up in the morning, have breakfast, shower, and all that, and then I'll work for a few hours while the boys play and watch TV, then I'll try to make them do something other than video games, which sometimes works, and I'll knit. Then it'll be dinner, and Bob's your uncle. 

Puppy has been feeling the lazy. When it's been hot, he'll hop up next to me and chill while I work. Sometimes he'll go sit by the boys but they're known to get a little too rowdy when he's around. 




The pool has also been set up again. And again. We keep having to drain it every few days and move it because otherwise we kill the grass and the water gets gross. 





Stormageddon made a huge mess on the deck this week, thinking I wouldn't notice. Ha! I handed him the broom he and Little Man broke and asked him to sweep off the deck. He tried. But he didn't do very well. I would up getting the leaf blower. Oh well.

I'm hoping to try to get into a routine this week where the boys and I take walks and they don't spend all day fighting over video games or TV shows to watch. Also, cleaning. Lots of cleaning needs to happen.


I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend! Maybe I'll have another FO next week! 

6 comments:

  1. Never boring in your house, girlfriend. And thanks for askin about us. We're surviving well here across the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is so impressive, plus I've found some projects I'm going to add to my list right away. As for the boys - never a dull moment, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your spinning, even 15 mins a day over the period makes good progress...that was my target last year and is my minimum for this year. I look forward to seeing what you’ve spun over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've felt the laz here for the last almost 4 months now. Hard to believe we've been at this that long. Then life happens and forces us out of our laz. Until life settles down again... That seems to be the extent of a routine we've managed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resonate with your puppy on hot days (not that we have had that many!) Our neighbours pool gets visited by raccoons if they leave it out during the night. Cute little things, and the babies are quite chatty. 3D printer looks like fun - hmmmm - maybe I should get my hubby one to play with - he is quite at a loss as to what to do during this lock-down time. I am busy with Tour de Fleece - so far so good - a little each day. Have a great week with your most excellent family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our state is on "hold" right now as far as opening anything else. Seems the 20-40 year old people thought the virus couldnt6touch them. So they flocked to the bars without distancing or masks. Guess what age group now has the highest number of positive cases? Yup....all those "youngsters". They are so nice to pass it on to us older folks too! Glad to hear y'all are ok.

    I think a 3D printer would be fun to play with. Even if all I got were Snoopy butts.

    Anything done in fingering weight yarn takes soooo much longer. But worth it in the end. Looking forward to seeing what you spin will be exciting.

    ReplyDelete