Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Christmas Lights are Up (Update #47)

 Happy Sunday! I'm actually posting on a Sunday! Let's keep it that way!


FOs (Finished Objects)

1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020
5. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020; finished 25 May 2020
6. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020; finished 13 June 2020
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018; finished 18 June 2020
8. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019; finished 30 June 2020
9. Oread Hat (test knit): started 2 July 2020; finished 11 July 2020
10. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019; finished 18 July 2020
11. Rose City Rollers: started 18 June 2020; finished 4 August 2020
12. Prototype Something Something (worsted): started 5 September 2020; finished 6 September 2020
13.
Prototype Something Something cowl: started 11 September 2020; finished 17 October 2020
14.
Basic Fingerless Mitts: started 6 September 2020; finished 19 November 2020

I finished up the Fingerless Mitts on Thursday &washed them, laid them flat to dry on Friday, and wove in the ends on Saturday, right before they were gifted. I didn't even get a photo! ACK! I might have the recipient take a photo for me. They turned out really well for her hands, which is perfect. If I were going to keep them or if make another pair for myself, I'll have to make some changes. They were a great basic pattern, however and I'm happy with how they turned out.




WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):

1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10. Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020
11. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
12. Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020
13. Come Sail Away: started 17 October 2020

Because I knew I was gifting the fingerless mitts, that's where I spent most of my knitting time this week. I did some work on the Linen Stitch Scarf during Stormageddon's meetings and I'm pretty sure I pulled out the Come Sail Away blanket earlier in the week but that was about it. It was all about the fingerless mitts this week!

However, now that those are finished, I'm going to try to get back to some of the other WIPs I've got. I like having some fairly mindless knitting for Stormageddon's meetings so I think I'll probably keep working on the Linen Stitch Scarf for that but I may also work on the granny squares, as well. They're pretty mindless. I also hope to get back to some spinning. I'd like to try the bobbin Husband made but I've not gotten that far yet!

 

 

OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)



Children's Items:
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018) - I may change this to a different sweater using the same yarn
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)


Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)


Designs:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Skeins of sock yarn
3. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
 
 
This past week was much as the week prior. The boys were supposed to be on half days because of parent-teacher conferences but, really, they were both on their regular schedules. In fact, Stormageddon had more assessments this week so he was busier than usual. It was fine, though. By the time Friday rolled around, I was over all the school stuff. Thankfully we have this week off for the Thanksgiving break. 
 
I had Little Man's conference on Wednesday and Stormageddon's on Friday. Both were exactly as I expected, nothing unusual hopping out at us, which is always a good thing. I suppose it means I know what's going on. 
 
During our last week of school before break, Stormageddon got a new set-up for learning. Previously, he was sitting in the front room with me, on the couch, using a laptop, which was working just fine, but he was often interrupted with Little Man or the 3D printer and so on. Husband got his computer set up on his desk so now he can work in his room. 
 
He has PE three days a week via Google Meet. They played Turkey Ninja on Friday and it was so cute. He also has a bit more room, as long as he keeps his room clean. 


 
 
Because of the reduced schedule (ha), Little Man had some extra time to snuggle with Puppy. They are buddies. And Puppy is so tolerant of both boys. When we first got him, when Little Man was barely crawling, Husband taught Puppy that when he's smacked with toys, it's play. It was training for when he was around the kids and it worked. So both boys can treat him like a pillow or roll around with him and he doesn't mind.
 
 
 
 
Yesterday, I met with the moms for our gift exchange (six of us). We were socially distanced, masks, hand sanitizer, the whole thing. One of the things we got were these headband/snood type things. They're stretchy and there are a zillion ways to wear them. Apparently I was all matchy-matchy yesterday. And before you ask, I did not make the sweater (Target) and the mask came from Erin Lane Bags

 
 
 
As I mentioned above, the boys have off this next week. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do, aside from putting up the tree and the yard decorations on Friday. I might be able to convince them that we need to do some deep-cleaning in their rooms but that might be pushing it. I think Little Man needs it, though. His school papers are overflowing their home. We'll see how things go.
 
I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend! If you're a USian, Happy Thanksgiving!


 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope your friend will take a photo of her mitts. I would love to see them. Sounds like your week s super busy with conferences and other activities for the boys. So nice you can do some knitting during Stormageddons sessions. Doesn't feel like dead time then. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Even puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy household!! Glad you got some girl time. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your boys (husband included!) You definitely look matchy matchy and that mask is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coordinated look!
    My kids have 3 days off the week, and I have machinations of them also cleaning up their spaces.

    ReplyDelete