Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, June 14, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tommorrow...you're only a day away! (Update #24)

 I'm running a bit behind again. Oh well. Let's get going!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021

Nope. Nothing new to see here. I've still not fully woven in the ends on the cowl yet either. Or a pair of Halloween FrankenSocks I made a few years ago. I'll get there eventually.



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021
13. Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021

With school so close to being finished (tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow...you're only a day away!), I've admittedly not worked on much this past week. We've been busy with end-of-the-year stuff and all that comes with that.

I pulled out the Granny Square Blanket that I've been working on for a few years. I only worked a couple rounds on the latest square but progress is progress and I need to celebrate it. 

And then there was the Vanilla Sock. I brought it with me on Thursday when Little Man had Run Club at school with intentions of working on it but I was busy peopling instead. I think I worked a round or two. I'm almost to the toe decrease, which is good.

I also worked on the latest Rose City Rollers. I'm on the heel flap of the first one and I might finish it this week. We'll see how things play out. 

Like I said, I didn't work on much...



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10
Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
3. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)

 

This last week was busy, considering we didn't have much actually happening. The boys had a bunch of work to do that needed to be turned in by Friday (Stormageddon's was physically handed in; Little Man's was all online). 

I was trying to take care of some other school-related things I needed to do (I'm the PTA Secretary and we had a meeting last week so I was working on getting all that squared away for the year, which I didn't finish everything...I have to print things and stick them in our book). 

I'm still babying my jaw again. I'm pretty sure it's just TMJ flaring up but I can't close my mouth all the way during the day. I can right when I wake up in the morning and then it progressively gets worse throughout the day. I'm not quite sure what's going on there. I need to call my dentist again. ::sigh:: It doesn't hurt until I get to that point where it won't close. I can eat just fine, there's no swelling, I can open my mouth up all the way without issue...it's just closing. I'm kind of grumpy about it. 

Husband has been working on his Madolorian armor and accessories again this past week. He's also making helmets for his nieces. 

I felt like we were busier than all that. It doesn't look like much when I type it out. Oh well.

 

Stormageddon spent some time sitting in daddy's lap and played video games. They're cute. I'm a fan.

 
 
 
Stormageddon's class did a talent show on Friday during their closing meeting. He didn't really have a musical talent per se but he did show off his ocarina that Husband printed. Actually, this one is Little Man's because we couldn't find his. It's in his room somewhere. 
 

 

Because it's June and it's Pride and I'm missing home-related things, I bought this bracelet. A college friend of mine made it (and you can find more in his Etsy Shop). It's based on traditional Sami (Norway's indigenous people) leatherwork. I'm not going to lie: I was a little hesitant when it arrived because I was sure it wasn't going to fit but it fit perfectly.

 


Also, Puppy got a bath today. He was a stinky dog. The photo is from a few days ago and it's why I couldn't move to grab my knitting. Oops. He was not happy about his bath today but it's rather warm so I imagine the cool-off will be good for him since he's hanging around outside.

 



I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend and start to your week! We'll see how things go...



2 comments:

  1. What will the boys do for summer? Would you be able to get together on a Friday and knit at a coffee shop? Maybe with Steph too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we might have to restart a knitting group properly. Like we kind of half-assed it for awhile and then pandemic but now that we're vaxxed, we might have to do it properly. Especially now that it's summer vacation. Stephanie also lives just a few blocks away so we can get together mostly whenever, which is nice. And our kids like each other.

      Delete