Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 27, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Work is getting in the way of my knitting! (Update #48)

I may or may not have taken all day to write this. Just a fair warning. Carry on.


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Baby Blanket: started 22 April 2022; finished 4 June 2022
2.
Herbivore: started 15 November 2018; finished June 2022
3.
Baby Blanket: started 4 June 2022; finished 25 August 2022
4. Venskab (test knit): started 12 September 2022; finished 16 September 2022
5.
Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021; finished 17 September 2022
6. Baby Blanket: started 4 September 2022; finished 25 September 2022
7. Pattern for Baby Blanket: started 25 September 2022; finished 26 September 2022
8.
Colorfun Hat: started 7 October 2022; finished 1 November 2022
9.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020; finished 12 November 2022

One of these days I'm going to weave in the ends on my Herbivore shawl. Someday. Also, I still have ends to weave in on projects I finished last year. And other years. ::sigh:: I'm such a slacker sometimes. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
10. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
11. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
12. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
13. Socks: started 28 September 2022
14. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
15. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022

It's been a slow week for knitting. Admittedly, that's partly due to being tired from working. I did work on a few things, though. 

I picked up the fingerless mitts while on breaks/lunch at work. I'm not very far along but I did take a photo! But I showed you that last week. I haven't taken an updated one yet. The yarn is fairly new, actually. I picked it up at one of the LYSeseses, The Sow's Ear, which is the next town over. Well, one of the next towns over. Anyway, I picked it up because it spoke to me and I wound it because originally, I was intending on socks...but then this pattern happened so I went with it. 

I also worked a few more rows on my Returning Shawl. It's just continuing to grow at this point. I haven't taken a photo in awhile. Maybe I should do that, if only to update my project page. Ha!

But that was it for knitting. I just need to learn to better manage my time, I suppose. 


OMGLSGWTFBBQ

Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hüj Tüb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
8. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I have a small bin with all my "stuff to dye" in it)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

Black Friday is over, Small Business Saturday is over, and tomorrow is Cyber Monday. Not that I'm really doing any shopping right now. The boys are kind of getting to that age where they don't really play with toys, per se, but they still like them. So I hate to add to the clutter. But it will likely happen anyway. ::sigh:: 

Thanksgiving happened on Thursday, in the US. So I had a day off, which is always delightful. The boys had school on Monday and Tuesday, then had the rest of the week off. Husband took all week off. I'm the one that had to work. On Thursday, we did our annual 5K. When we lived in California, we would to a Turkey Trot down in San Jose, though one year we did a Gobble Wobble just up the road from our house. When we lived in Wisconsin, we would do the Berbee Derby. Now that we are back, we went back to doing the Berbee Derby. Little Man's first one, he was just over a year old and in his stroller, all bundled up. We actually were registered for one the year before but Little Man was just a couple weeks old and I wasn't crazy about walking a 5K after having had major surgery and a newborn. So Husband and a friend of his went and I stayed home with Little Man. But this year, we all did it. We came in second-to-last but we also started at the end of the crowd so I wasn't terribly fussed about it. The fact is that we got off our collective asses and did the thing. 



We went with friends, specifically the friend that took my place all those years ago, as well as his parents, who would do it with us when we lived in California (they would drive up from southern California for Thanksgiving). But now we're all back in Wisconsin so it's back to the Berbee Derby. 

And afterwards, we had to go buy cranberry juice because that's just what you do. But we were going to go to Walmart, as was customary....but they were closed. It was fine. We went to the grocery store on our way home and all was well. 

Then we had Thanksgiving here. My in-laws and a different friend came. Said friend was on his own as he was doing Thanksgiving with his daughter and parents on Saturday so he was alone and we invited him over. All was well. I wound up falling asleep on the couch in the living room. ::sigh:: Always with the couches. 

On Friday, there were only five people in our office: the three trainees and two managers. But it was fine. I feel like we got a lot done, even though there were only five of us. We were closed to the public, which is why only five of us were there. 

Because I was at work on Friday, the boys started Christmas decorations without me, and I was perfectly happy with that. I hate doing all the decorating for Christmas...but only because I feel like we have so much stuff. Currently there are ten inflatables outside, as well as our two door guardians, garland around the porch, wreaths by the garage (three), lights going down the driveway to two lampost things at the end of the driveway...and that's just the outside. Inside there are three trees (the main one in the living room, plus one upstairs and one downstairs), the lighted garland on the staircase, our stockings, our tchotchkes, and even more tchotchkes. And my Christmas Balls. 




It kind of looks like Christmas threw up at our house. But it's done. And at some point, it'll all get taken down and put away. But that's an after-Christmas problem. And I'll probably be working then, too. ::sigh:: 

Anyway, I've been working on this on and off all day so I should probably call it quits and head off. I hope you had a lovely week and weekend and, for those in the US, a delightful Thanksgiving.

1 comment: