Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, October 30, 2009

Sweater...

I'm seriously tempted to frog the entire front of my sweater and start over. First of all, there was the misprint on the chart. And then I managed to screw up a few other rows...and I'm not sure how bad it looks quite yet (I need to do another set of the chart to be sure) but I'm about ready to rip it all out and start over!

But, in other random events, I started working on Sherri's Christmas present...finally. We'll see how well my needles behave and whether or not I'm going to have to frog this one just so the needles straighten out a bit (40" circulars). I actually found a pattern I like for her shawl...I've been toying with the idea of making up my own but that requires more thinking than I'm ready to do at this point. So, I found one. It's the Optic Waves Shawl from The Knitter's Book of Yarn. We'll see....maybe I'll post pictures when I get beyond the first or second repeat of the pattern. Or not.

Anyway, happy Friday. Happy Hallowe'en. Happy weekend! And happy knitting.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I've been thinking about making another big comfy shawl for myself. I know what you mean about it being nice to just follow directions sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to keep reminding myself that the shawl isn't for me so, therefore, I don't have to like it. But.......well, I really should.

    And, randomly, Gwen, it's about time you got online again...where's your updates?!

    ReplyDelete