FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3. Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4. Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
I don't have a project page of any sort for my recent dyeing project but I have tons of photos, because that's how I roll. I'm basically out of yarn to dye at this point so I'm going to have to start selling my hand dyed goodness. ::sigh:: They're all my babies!
The above skeins are all the same 75/25 merino nylon fingering weight base. I did the six skeins first, as a sweater quantity, and then I put in the remaining three and the next skein to soak up the rest of the dye. This is why dyelots are important and also why fiber content is important. The color of the one random skein is different than the three that went in at the same time because the fiber content is different, so it takes the dye a little differently.
I also dyed some sock blanks and this other random skein. The only photos I have of the sock blanks are from when I hung them to dry. So, not the best photos. Oh well.
The six skeins were dyed with the intention of being a sweater quantity for me. I also wanted to try out some of the new-to-me dyes I bought from someone destashing. Actually, all the colors were from the same destash. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Unfortunately, I only have a few things left to dye so I think I'm going to have to start selling my hand dyed yarns so I can buy more yarn to dye. Ha!
But that was the only thing I finished this past week.
WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021
13. El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021
As predicted, I started a new project this week. I bought the kit for the El Panal Cowl at Lambtown in 2019. I remember seeing the "live" version (the one on the pattern page in Ravelry) but the colors were not speaking to me....but then I saw the six pack of minis in the Mallard colorway...greens and blues and some brown and it was perfect for me and this project. And I've been sitting on it for a year and a half. I remember I was so excited about it and then I just put it away and let it mock me.
No more. I wound the minis a few weeks ago (months? I have no concept of time anymore) and finally started it. It starts with an i-cord cast on, which is something new to me but I also quite liked. It took a bit longer, of course, but it gave me a nice, even edge.
In addition to that, I worked a little bit on the Rose City Rollers. Of course, now that I've stopped on the first sock, I'm 100% paranoid that I'm not going to have enough yarn to get to that point on the second sock, which isn't that big of a deal because it'll be in a shoe but it's still bothering me. ::sigh:: We'll see how things go.
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: first, second)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: first, second, third, mini, fifth, sixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: first, second, third)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: first, second)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: first, second)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection
Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*
6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)
10. Sockhead (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
11. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
12. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)
1. Flax for Stormageddon (Stunning String Legacy Worsted)
2. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
4. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)
Other Fibery Endeavors: