So the shawl that I've been working on for my friend, Sherri, is not going well. I had a good 3-4" completed (out of the 50-60" it requires) when I somehow managed to add a stitch...upon further investigation, I discovered that not only had I added a stitch, I had managed to drop one somewhere along the line (which, in reality, means I added *two* stitches somewhere and dropped a completely different one). With all the yarn-overs that are in the pattern, I couldn't figure out where I screwed it up. I could see it but I didn't know how to go back and fix it without causing further damage.
I had to. Frog. The. WHOLE. Goddamned. Thing.
Maybe I'll start over later with a new pattern.