Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, January 25, 2010

Things and goings-ons...

I had a 2009 Volkswagon Tiguan. It was Sapphire Blue. It was a mini-SUV with the engine of a Passat. I loved that car. But now, it's gone.

In return, I have a 1.9% interest rate (as opposed to a 5.9% one) and a 2010 Volkswagon Tiguan. It is Wild Cherry Red. And it doesn't have the fuel problems that my last car did. That's why we traded it in in the first place.

Oh, and it's a Wolfsberg edition.

Other than that, classes have started...they're going well, for the most part. I have a lot of horseshit work that I'm going to have to do but other than that, they should be fine. I'm not really worried about my classes, other than keeping up with all the reading.

And then there's the yarn diet...which is going well. I'm having major temptations right now because Sarah, AKA "The Plucky Knitter" is doing a preview and update today and tomorrow. I am so so so tempted to go nuts! But, she'll be at the KnitIn in March...and I've allowed myself to buy yarn at the KnitIn so, I just have a few more weeks to wait, right? But still...

Speaking of yarn, which leads me to knitting, I'm almost done with my sweater. I just have to finish the sleeves (I'm about 1/3 of the way done with both), put it all together, and do the neck and I am done! Woo-hoo! I'll post pictures of it when I'm closer to being done. I've also almost finished my first sock. It's of my own design but that's fine. I also learned, along the way, that when I knit in the round, I hold the needles I'm working from in the wrong place...so whatever I'm knitting winds up being inside out. For my sock, this wasn't a bad thing because there's no specific pattern to it so I'll just turn it right-side out when I'm done...but if I were doing a specific pattern, it would be wrong. I'm glad I learned that when I did.

I've also started cataloging my yarn on Ravelry. I didn't realize how much of it I really had...and then I started cataloging it. It's kind of scary, actually.

Anyway, I need to finish up my School of Education application, print some things, and get going. I have class at 5:30 but I have things I need to get done on campus long before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment