Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Photos of stuff...

First of all, I have pictures of what I received in my Teachers Who Knit Swap. Obviously, there are two skeins of yarn. In this case, Crystal Palace Yarns Mochi Plus. I'm seeing fingerless mittens or a scarf in it's future. I also got a tea sampler (which I think my husband has confiscated), a bag of candy corn, a bag of Dove chocolates, a little container of binder clips, a little container of paperclips, and a breast cancer awareness water bottle.

Now I wish I had taken a photograph of what I sent out...I may have to ask my partner to photograph it for me :)



I have many purchases from the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival.

Off to the right here, you can see a blurry picture of Ewetopian Sock SW from Ewetopia Fiber Shop.





On the left, you can see six skeins of 100% Blue Faced Leicester Wool from Ogle Designs. I have a plan for this...pending that I can (1) get the pattern (also from Ogle Designs) and (2) that I have enough yarn here to make it.













 Samantha In Stitches had some wonderful yarns. I purchased two skeins of "Sheen" sock yarn that were aptly named "Funky Monkey" (remind anyone of sock monkey colors?) and another skein of "Footcrazy" sock yarn named "Sour Drops." I also got a project bag from her for spending over $50. I don't have a photograph of that...but, trust me, it's fun :)












Creatively Dyed Yarns. I don't know why I love her stuff so much...but I do. It just has this nice, tight feel to it. Anyway, I bought three skeins from this booth. There's a skein of 1200 yards of lace weight (which is really more purple than blue), and two skeins of 510 yards of sock weight (one is purple/white, the other is a teal/white).












Kindred Threads had a booth that I stopped at, obviously. I picked up a couple of skeins; one is rightfully named "Kermit" while the other is also rightfully named "Sunset." I have no idea what I'm going to make out of either of these...socks, fingerless mittens, a hat, a scarf, a shawl...no idea.













I picked up two skeins of Viola Bouquet from Gypsy Girl Creations. Neither skein is enough for a pair of socks on their own, which is why I purchased two of them. But...I don't know if I'll make socks or not. I'll think of something.














Even though Blackberry Ridge is local, it still doesn't stop me from buying fun things from them. I picked up both these skeins of yarn (both superwash, fingering weight) as well as a book by Hazel Carter about Shetland Lace Knitting from charts.












Four Crows Farm had a booth set up that I visited on Friday. I picked up this skein of yarn because, well, I like sock yarn. One of those odd things about sock yarn: it's difficult to make an identical pair. This sock yarn is dyed in such a way that it's impossible to make an identical pair of socks. So, fraternal socks they shall be...when I get that far.












I picked up a skein of yarn from Sun Valley Fibers. Again, she is local but I don't care. I picked up some items from her at the Knit-In in March and I couldn't resist buying more. Plus, the owner, Jeanette, is so so SO sweet. I only managed to buy one skein from her this time.......I was trying to "behave" by then.













I also purchased a pseudo-Turkish Drop Spindle. That means I picked up some roving along the way...

I'm not very good (yet) but I picked up this one a lot faster than the traditional kind (that look like tops). I just need to work with it. And, like I said, I bought some roving to play around with :)











I think that's about it for what's been going on. I'll post pictures of the baby socks, scarf, and any other FOs I have in a later post...if I can get good photographs, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment