Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, September 17, 2010

UFOs....and other things

I've joined a(nother) group on Ravelry that is dedicated to finishing off UFOs (Un-Finished Objects, for those not savvy to the knitspeak). The group is called One Day a Week for UFOs. The idea is that you set aside a day every week where you only work on those pesky UFOs in your basket or bag or whatever...the ones that you started a year and a half ago but, for some reason, had to delegate to the "naughty bin" or just lost interest in. So far, I've not actually finished anything...but I've been working on things that I keep setting aside.

This month, they're having a challenge for UFOs. Between September 15th and September 30th, they're challenging us to finish at least one UFO. I have two tagged for the challenge but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get through two of them. I tagged the Andean Treasure Shawl that I've been making for Sherri for over a year now. I also tagged my baby blanket. Both need to get done before December...and both need to get done right around the same time. So, I'm going to try it.

Things were going well. The challenge started on Wednesday. I finished up my socks that day (which weren't part of the challenge because I was so SO close to being finished anyway) and brought both the shawl and blanket to Wednesday Night Knitting at Woodland Studios. I decided I was going to work on the blanket first. I pulled it out and was all ready to go...and then I figured out that I had left the pattern at home on my bedroom floor. BOOOOO! So, I put that away and pulled out the shawl instead....and I was going along and going along when I decided to look at my yarn supply. Yep. Almost ran out of yarn and I didn't have the next skein in my bag. BOOOOO again! I don't think Wednesday was my day to work on either of those projects. I worked on the new baby socks that I've been "designing"...I think this may count as "swatching" since I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing with everything. We'll see.

Anyway, it's now Friday. And all I intend to do today is work on those two projects. Oh, and go to work tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment