Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, April 1, 2011

Knit & Crochet Blog Week: Day 6 - Saturday

Day six: Saturday, 2nd April. Something to aspire to
Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu can admire the result of those that have.

Tips: If you think you have learned all you ever want to in your craft then say so. Maybe you have been knitting for nearly 30 years and yet never learned to purl (many my think this is impossible, but I met a woman on the bus who told me exactly this once… Maybe she was following the E. Zimmerman school of thought to closely?).



For those of you that are keeping up at home, we're still in the hospital. Little Man seems perfectly fine...except that he's still not eating properly. It looks like we're going to be here for awhile, definitely through today and maybe into Sunday or Monday. I'd like to hope not, but what can you do? The kid won't eat properly and with the genetic disorder, we can't have that.

But, back to knitting. Knitting is still important :) I have my sock sitting here, begging me to work on it (but, I haven't).

So, things I want to learn or that baffle me...

Entrelac. I don't necessarily want to learn how to do it (yet)...but it looks interesting. I don't doubt that I could do it if I sat down and had the time. I just don't have the time or patience for things that cannot be put down in the middle of a row. Are there even rows in entrelac? Sort of? Maybe? I don't know.

Another something I'd like to get better at is my crocheting...I have mad crochet skillz but I haven't had time to perfect them. I picked up a hook, looked online, and it was like I had been crocheting my whole life. So......I need to sit and spend some time being a hooker.

Other things, other things......oh, okay, this sounds really stupid but I have never really properly blocked a project of any kind. Hats automatically go on the head. Socks automatically go on the feet. My sweater hasn't even been washed yet. Scarves don't need blocking if they're not stockinette background. So...I've never properly blocked anything. I know it's not difficult...but I've never done it. I think once I finish up some of my shawls, I'm going to have to learn. Just sayin'...

What else, what else.....I think someday I may try to make an afghan, crocheted or knitted block squares...haven't decided. Just.....something.

Anyway, I'm a bit distracted, in case you can't tell...I think I'm going to end this post in hopes that we're home tomorrow for the last one.

Also, I'm going to do a "BONUS" post, using the "Wildcard" topic. That will probably be on Monday...I think. Maybe Sunday night. I don't know.

Oh, and cruel Mother Nature......snow on April Fool's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Aww poor kid I hope he feels better and starts to eat =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kid is right and I too hope he gets better and quick... and as ALWAYS your article rocks and I find it most helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still sending positive vibes toward your son's way and lots of hugs to him and you.
    Blocking is not that bad. I always avoided it and then last year broke down and bought a blocking kit from Knit Picks. I love it and use it when I have to.

    ReplyDelete