Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, January 30, 2012

Random Post

Quite awhile ago, GirlAnachronismE lamented how difficult it was to get sock yarns in Nottingham. So, what's a girl to do? Well......

I sent her a package of sock yarn love from Wisconsin, of course.

Well, yesterday I went out to get the mail (finally) and discovered a package in my mailbox. The first thought I had was, "I'm not expecting any packages until next week or the week after" (items from The Plucky Knitter should be coming)...so I was confused.

Then I noticed said package came from England.

Do you see where this is going?

I checked the return address and it was from the lovely Emma :)

Contained within was a handmade thank you card (cross stitched, no less - something I haven't done in quite awhile), a huge (seriously HUGE) package of Cadbury Chocolate (as in Cadbury Creme Eggs - which I love in any way, shape or form...so this was just the chocolate and I love chocolate in any form)...and there was a little hat for Little Man. It's the Nottingham Hat by Melissa Mall.

Mama! I like this hat!

See Mama? I still like it!

Mama! I like my hat!

Okay Mama, I'm done. Take it off now!

It's difficult to photograph the cables correctly and when I took the photos last night, it was dark and we have a really bright light in the kitchen. So, you can hardly tell it's cabled at all. I promise it is and it's lovely.

I wasn't expecting anything at all and the package was lovely. Thank you to Emma!

I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you got it and that the hat fits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his photo shoot; you should frame that.
    Knitters are the best aren't they? We're generous besides helpful and love springing surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful surprise, both for her and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat, and what a cute little model :-)

    ReplyDelete